Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: Family news

Family news

To disable ads, please log-in.

About a month ago I announced my son Scott's engagement. Well, they decided not to wait and they got married on 9/22 at the courthouse in San Diego, followed by a romantic dinner!
    I guess I am getting old, since nothing fazes me anymore. We did know that they might do this, so it wasn't exactly a shock out of the blue. There were a lot of practical reasons for them to do this now, related to military benefits and her ability to go with him if he is posted somewhere like Asia or the South Pacific, where he might be headed for his last 2 years.
    They plan to have a party to celebrate next summer, but they will be heading here to visit sometime before the end of the year.
    Picture will follow later. It's on some program on DH's computer and I have no idea how to get it.

Congrats.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Congrats! And kudos to them for doing it their way. DH and I did something similar when we got married, and have no regrets.

Wishing them a lifetime of happiness!

SheFly
    "Well behaved women rarely make history." including me!
    http://twoadventures.blogspot.com

Congratulations! Being practical can be a good thing
    2005 Giant TCR2
    2012 Trek Superfly Elite AL
    2nd Sport, Pando Fall Challenge 2011 and 3rd Expert Peak2Peak 2011
    2001 Trek 8000 SLR
    Iceman 2010-6th Place AG State Games, 2010-1st Sport, Cry Baby Classic 2010-7th Expert, Blackhawk XTerra Tri 2007-3rd AG

Occasionally Updated Blog

Between the Blue Ridge and the Chesapeake Bay
    Crankin, that's great. It's also quite a wonderful thing that you didn't freak out. I imagine many mothers would be hurt (selfishly in my opinion), but you always have a healthy perspective on life's events!

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    Congratulations for your family and happy couple!
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know whatís in a personís heart.

Well, thankfully, my kids haven't provided too many freak out moments. Now, my mantra is that I don't want to react the way my in-laws or my aunt would have. They are my bad role models! My own parents took all of my s*** in stride. I had a practical wedding, too, though a bit more than this one.
    Right now, I am trying to give a lot of attention to my other son. He is older and not where he wants to be in terms of career. And... he is totally obsessed by cycling. I never dreamed this would happen. On Monday, the 3 of us took a ride around Concord and Carlisle (shhhh, it was Yom Kippur) and he took off on me with my DH. He can stay with DH on a climb, like going really fast up Annursnac Hill (She Fly, if you are reading this, he is scaring me!) on his mountain bike, with flat pedals. His cadence is super high. Already talking about a road bike...

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    Crankin, that's great. It's also quite a wonderful thing that you didn't freak out. I imagine many mothers would be hurt (selfishly in my opinion), but you always have a healthy perspective on life's events!
    Well said Tulip -I couldn't agree more.

"You can't get what you want till you know what you want." Joe Jackson

2006 Cannondale Feminine/Ultegra/Jett

2012 Trek Speed Concept 9.5/Ultegra/saddle TBD

Here's the pictures.
    Last edited by Crankin; 09-29-2011 at 11:39 AM.

Congratulations Crankin. It's a girl, and a happy beautiful one at that. My best to the happy couple and their understanding mom.
    Claudia

2009 Trek 7.6fx
    2013 Jamis Satellite
    2014 Terry Burlington

Congratulations. You get to be a MIL sooner this way. Best wishes to the young couple, and a handsome young couple they are.

where the wind comes sweeping down the plain
    Awww... they looked just gorgeous, and oh so happy! Congrats to you and to them. Wishing them a lifetime of joy!!
    Check out my running blog: www.turtlepacing.blogspot.com

Cervelo P2C (tri bike)
    Bianchi Eros (commuter/touring road bike)

1983 Motobecane mixte (commuter/errand bike)
    Cannondale F5 mountain bike

Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    Right now, I am trying to give a lot of attention to my other son. He is older and not where he wants to be in terms of career. And... he is totally obsessed by cycling. I never dreamed this would happen. On Monday, the 3 of us took a ride around Concord and Carlisle (shhhh, it was Yom Kippur) and he took off on me with my DH. He can stay with DH on a climb, like going really fast up Annursnac Hill (She Fly, if you are reading this, he is scaring me!) on his mountain bike, with flat pedals. His cadence is super high. Already talking about a road bike...
    I'm reading

Sounds like some racing might be in his future???? I know a good landing spot for him.

And your son and DIL look very happy!

SheFly
    "Well behaved women rarely make history." including me!
    http://twoadventures.blogspot.com