Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Unhappy Waxing or Shaving? What to do? Bikini rash.. HELP!

To disable ads, please log-in.

My skin is very irritated in my bikini area. I have a great seat, padded shorts and am using sports lubricant but am still having a problem. I am open to any suggestions. I have had to stop riding for a few days because it is so painful. I shave my bikini area but should I wax instead?

Please help I miss my bike and the road.

Is the irritation the little red bumps and ingrown hairs or is it something else?

I shave the bikini area quite frequently. Using an exfoliant seems to help keep away the ingrown hairs and red bumps. But you have to be gentle. I use an Apricot facial scrub. Also putting your shaving cream on and letting it sit for a little bit also seems to help. I'm too chicken to wax.

V.

It's both. I will give your suggestions a try.

Thanks for responding.

Oh my Gooooossssshhh! Shaving in the bikini area is the last place you should shave. I am so anti-shaving, but bikini line shaving just makes me shutter to the bone. Waxing isn't automatically going to stop the uncomfortable phase of regrowth, but at least it happens every 3 or so weeks, not every 3 days.

It is so hard waxing the first couple of times, more so if the area has a history of being shaved, but it does get easier, the hair thins and is easier to remove. Get it done proffesionally too!

And since I don't personally know anyone here....my last hint is...brazillian waxing is the way to go for ultimate comfort!

Gee I can't spell to good tonight, hiccup!
    Warning: rider may fall at any time without notice.

I found that shaving with the hairs (and not against them!!) solved any rash problem.

Thumbs up Re: Waxing or Shaving? What to do? Bikini rash.. HELP!

Brazilian wax is definitely the way to go on that one!!!!

Question

What's Brazilian wax???

From what I've read, it's when they wax everything - front and back. It's called a Brazilian because of the thong bikinis popular in Brazil.

V.

I have actually waxed in the past and went back to shaving. I am not quiet sure I have the guts to do a Brazilian but maybe a racing stripe instead. Do you usually wait at least a day after waxing before riding again so to not aggrivate the pores?

I've heard women describe a brazilian wax as going all the way up to the ovaries!

Unhappy

So I tried something called Surgiwax just on then edge of the bikini line and what a disaster! It very quickly turned into this sticky hard mess that stuck to my hands, the skin I put it on and everything within 3 feet. I did remove a few hairs also, but I spent about an hour trying to pick off the residual chunks of hardened wax. Omigod if I had tried a Brazilian, I would have ended up in the ER! Shaving sounds safer.

Brazilian...sounds a little scary....

OUCH!

I haven't tried waxing down there, but the whole shaving thing is just plain irritating. First few days your fine and after that BAM , irritation.

I'm still battling....

That's why I shave just about every day. Seems to help keep all that stuff away.

V.

Talking

Im too lazy to shave every day. I just prefer to do it once every 2 months or so...

...get a wax....

i read that post, and realised that is NOT what i meant to say...

a wax last longer, so i prefer one big annpyance every 2 months, rather than daily annoyance...