Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Red face Am I now deformed???

To disable ads, please log-in.

Ok - so about 2-3 weeks ago I made a really stupid U-ey on my OCR limited and endo'ed due to a stupid parking block that was the same color as the asphalt instead of bright yellow for blind dames like me.......... Didn't see it til I smashed right into the stupid thing..... BAM! Thank god no one was there to see how totally inept I am that I can't evan make a simple U-ey.....

So anyway, oodles of bruises that have now finally faded, and next to no road rash - only a wee bit on my right elbow that is all but gone.

My problem - When I feel, I luckily sandwiched my beloved OCR between my legs but in doing so, I apprantly did something to my right thigh. As I said, the bruising is gone, but I have this massive "goose-egg" type bump, cyst, growth if you will, that is kinda numb and sensitive to the touch, and kinda hard if you press on it. Not like its fluid buildup and squishy but more like a boiled egg without the shell. It sticks out like my thigh has it's very own "be-donk-a-donk"....

It doesn't seem to be going away but the numbness is fading ever so slowly.

Anyone else ever have this problem?? Is it one of those things that will eventually go away or am I now forever deformed, reminding myself everytime I look at it, how I almost damaged my beloved OCR?? Oh yeh, and that I suck at U-ey's?
    ~Petra~
    Bianchiste TE Girls

flectere si nequeo superos, Achaeronta movebo

I did the same thing a few years back on a bike. To be honest it took about a year for the bump to completely dissolve.
    Life is what we make it, always has been, always will be. ~Grandma Moses

I did that on my arm and it took a few months for it to go away. I think it was a hematoma according to some nurse friends of mine. Fortunately, it was BEFORE I got my OCR.

Go have that looked at. Any place with NUMBNESS is BAD.

I was in a car accident several years ago and had a nasty bruise on my calf - it was a spot where the veins and nerves had all been crushed and it got infected! Because of the reduced blood flow, antibiotics could not move into the infected area. I was VERY sick and the doctors decided to treat with a stronger antibiotic and a blood thinner to try to get it into the affected area. If if didn't work, there would be surgery to remove the necrotized tissue.

Yikes!

It did work, but I have a lump and discoloration there, along with a numb spot the size of a 50 cent piece.

Have it looked at!
    Aperte mala cm est mulier, tum demum est bona. -- Syrus, Maxims
    (When a woman is openly bad, she is at last good.)

Edepol nunc nos tempus est malas peioris fieri. -- Plautus, Miles Gloriosus
    (Now is the time for bad girls to become worse still.)

It does sound like a hematoma, and I second the recommendation to have it looked at by a health care provider ASAP.
    Run like a dachshund! Ride like a superhero! Swim like a three-legged cat!
    TE Bianchi Girls Rock

Ok now I am really concerned.

Thanks all for convincing me to see the Doc. I'm making an appt. tomorrow.
    ~Petra~
    Bianchiste TE Girls

Good luck, and keep us posted!
    Run like a dachshund! Ride like a superhero! Swim like a three-legged cat!
    TE Bianchi Girls Rock

Not deformed... but....

What you have is a blood clot. Don't freek yet... They are directly a result of a hematoma aka bruise. What you can do, is use warm compresses to reduce it's size, and avoid taking asprin. If you do ride, be sure to ride easy, you can cause it to be worse. And, it can actually break loose from it's site of origin... most likely it is muscle tissue that is congested with blood and it will take time for it to reduce in size....

Good luck!
    No gifts.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_SRS
    What you have is a blood clot. Don't freek yet... They are directly a result of a hematoma aka bruise. What you can do, is use warm compresses to reduce it's size, and avoid taking asprin. If you do ride, be sure to ride easy, you can cause it to be worse. And, it can actually break loose from it's site of origin... most likely it is muscle tissue that is congested with blood and it will take time for it to reduce in size.
    Wow - you hit the nail on the head! Exactly what my PCP said. Its been almost 2 months now and its still big, and still numb, but not as numb. Sometimes its hurts like the devil. I will definately try the warm compresses as I have not done that yet and at this point would really welcome some relief.
    ~Petra~
    Bianchiste TE Girls