Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by bikeless in WI
    Would all that matching red be over-the-top for a Fredwina Athena like m'self? Don't wanna tip over into that overdressed category (forget what it's called, not wannabe but same meaning).
    Are you referring to OCP - obsessive compulsive poseur???

SadieKate "Because I'll feel guilty. I must have been a Catholic in a previous life."

Oh please, I'm Jewish in this one. And she thinks she knows from guilt
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

We IRISH CATHOLICS have our own version of guilt that puts the rest of ya to shame. Plus we have the worst luck of anyone. So there.

Luna Eclipse//Terry B'fly
    Luna Orbit//Sella Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    Bianchi Eros Donna//Terry Falcon
    Seven Alaris//Jett 143
    Terry Isis (Titanium)//Terry B'fly

We'll, we've been at it longer but forget where I read "Jews invented guilt, Catholics perfected it"

There, everyone happy?

Now, call your Mother.
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Folder ~ Brompton

Quote Originally Posted by fishdr
    Are you referring to OCP - obsessive compulsive poseur???
    Yep, that's the one. Would red bike, jersey, vest, arm warmers, and helmet (but NOT bike shorts!) put me into that scorned category -- especially when I'm only doing 10mph?
    Half-marathon over. Sabbatical year over. It's back to "sacking shirt and oat cakes" as they say here.

no shorts?!? These would match and they're on sale at TE.
    Last edited by Trek420; 03-15-2008 at 12:19 PM.
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Folder ~ Brompton

bikeless - oh yeah, I'm pretty sure. Revel in it But I would suggest some sort of shorts

There is no such thing as too much red.
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

warning, don't necessarily open at work

Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Folder ~ Brompton

OK, Dita, since you seem so determined to take this thread on a tangent, you are now officially in charge of answering all questions pertaining to size and ordering. I'm not sure that I can catch all of them.

Anyone not get the info the need about the jerseys and arm warmers?

Quote Originally Posted by Trek420
    Exactly! Not that I have the same kind of bulges to hide, but I took the hint and thought about the ostomy bag. My shorts are tan and black, respectively, and both baggy.

So now that you are the designated size consultant, and we've agreed that I'm sticking with jersey, vest, arm warmers ... Any size suggestions?
    Half-marathon over. Sabbatical year over. It's back to "sacking shirt and oat cakes" as they say here.

your Velowear size questions answered

ok, here's how this post works.

Of course the best way to determine your size is find some Voler stuff and try it on. Remember that the fabric and also if it's race cut or club cut etc impacts the fit. Now, here's how this game works.

Read the quote and see if the TE gal is built anything like your bod. If so, their Voler fit info will help you! thought putting it all in one place could help.

Happy shopping

Jobob's "5'7", 145 pounds, 34A on top, size 10. The medium women's club cut short-sleeve jersey fits me about perfectly. There is a bit of room left over for more boobage (as with all of my clothing ) but it fits fine on my hips...As for arm warmers, I don't have large arms and I went for the unisex small, but I find them uncomforatble. You might want to try mediums."
    ==========================
    fishdr "my pants size is an 8. I'm going with the M club short sleeve."
    ===========================
    yellow "5'2"? "36A. I have the women's club cut in a small and wish that I had a med. It fits, but more snugly than I like. I have muscular arms/back/shoulders, so that may be part of why it fits the way it does. I am generally pretty true to a small in just about everything."
    ==============================
    slinkdog "I have the same jersey with a different design. I ordered a medium (no elastic, shaped cut) and I wish I had ordered a large. It fits, but the front is shorter than I would like (probably because of boobage) and it is very tight in the bust. If I didn't wear a smasher-type sports bra, I couldn't wear it. I am a 36 D, and I usually wear an 8 in pants and a 10 in blouses. Medium on t shirts from places like Eddie Bauer and Old Navy. "..."I think the Voler one I have is the women's club cut. It has no elastic in the hem and is shaped at the waist. It is pretty fitted on me all the way through the jersey, but especially tight in the bust."
    Trek "Voler stuff I have and love:
    vests: have a mens large (AIDS ride), a womens XL (velo girls)
    jerseys: mens large, womens XL (race cut?) womens L (club cut?)
    arm skins: both the velogirls and TA are medium. the TA's fit well, the VG's a little tight, don't know why since they are the same size etc, guess my arms bulk up in pink?-heh.
    Me: short chubby gal, 5'1", 150'ish"
    cindysue " generally wear a medium: 36C, 150#, wide hips, skinny arms, normal waist AV men's sleeveless race cut in medium is snug everywhere. I ordered the mens jersey thinking it would be longer in the torso than the womens but the tight waist band is a real downer. cinderella women's club cut in medium was too small. I traded it for a large and have a lot more room in the bust area. summary - women's large club cut works best for me" also "In Voler's OTHER fabric, I'm comfy in a small race cut. But as SK noted, this fabric fits a little tighter, hence the "smaller" feel."

*editors note-she's tall too
    Adventuregirl "I'd also like to mention that the arm warmers run a little small. They are called "unisex" sizing. I would normally consider myself a unisex small. But I have medium arm warmers, and they are just about right. Unisex small arm warmers would have been too small for me." * editors note AG is shorter than me, but very strong of course
    tprevost " got the sleeveless race jersey. My shoulders are so broad that sleeveless stuff usually works best!"
    ================================
    SK: "5' 3 1/2", 135 lbs, short waisted, 34D, plenty of hip.
    Women's medium club cut fits very closely, like a road jersey for racing. A large would flap on me. Unisex size S windvest - I removed the elastic and hemmed up. Fits snugly on the hips but doesn't flap in the breeze (I believe jo likes flap-happy vest while I hate the sound of it). Women's sleeveless Race Cut jersey in size med also. Fits much like the club cut after I removed the elastic and hemmed also as, otherwise, hem would rise to the point of least resistance - somewhere above my belly button. Size medium armwarmers - The smalls are a wee bit snug so I went with the meds. They feel a tad loose but don't slide down. I'm probably in the middle of these two sizes."
    Last edited by Trek420; 05-29-2006 at 07:04 PM.
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Folder ~ Brompton

Wonderful, Dita. Can you add me? This really does help.

5' 3 1/2", 135 lbs, short waisted, 34D, plenty of hip.
    Women's medium club cut fits very closely, like a road jersey for racing. A large would flap on me.
    Unisex size S windvest - I removed the elastic and hemmed up. Fits snugly on the hips but doesn't flap in the breeze (I believe jo likes flap-happy vest while I hate the sound of it).
    Women's sleeveless Race Cut jersey in size med also. Fits much like the club cut after I removed the elastic and hemmed also as, otherwise, hem would rise to the point of least resistance - somewhere above my belly button.
    Size medium armwarmers - The smalls are a wee bit snug so I went with the meds. They feel a tad loose but don't slide down. I'm probably in the middle of these two sizes.

I'm just happy bikeless clarified she Had shorts - for a moment there when she said red bike, red jersey, red helmet, red arm warmers and no shorts that she was riding in no shorts.........

which I guess would solve the whole issue of being or not being a poseur - since no one would be looking at her jersey et al!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

Sorry if I missed this information earlier, but how do I go about getting snap's email address? Send her a PM, I suppose?