Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 13 of 1165 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723631135131013 ... LastLast

Thread: Thread Drift

To disable ads, please log-in.

I use mahogany henna. It's pretty amusing, spending 2 hours with green goop on my hair and stinking to high heaven like moldy hay. But i end up with very "natural" looking color that slowly fades as my hair grows out so I don't end up with blatant roots.

What I end up with is a slightly darker red/brown than the strawberry blond I was as a kid.
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

I save up for about four months before paying a small fortune for streaks that look like the goldy-blonde of my youth. If it's done well, the mousy re-growth isn't too bad, except for right in the front where there are some grey ones ( - I've still got a few years to go before I hit 30 too...) that suddenly become actually noticeable once they get more than a couple of cm long.
    Drink coffee and do stupid things faster with more energy.

welllllll, scattered grey, letting it just be there, not doing anything about it and always say I would never use dye. When there gets to be more? Who knows. In my wild and misspent youth, bleached it, henna....sucha wild thing.

back to sipping coffee, gettin ready for Monday.
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

Well, off to the MRI! I have a friend taking me there (so I can have valiumumumum after all) and either she or her husband will take me home. I've got my CD of loud music for them to play to me (if I can choose my own). All the darn paperwork I was s'posed to fill out didn't get mailed to me in time. Gotta do that once I get there.

I am wearing my Ibex boxers and Ibex L/S t-shirt. For good luck, and cuz they're warm and have no metal in them. I get cold when I'm nervous. I'll try to meditate on bike riding and ignore the fact that I'm in some noisy dang tube. Ommmmmmm. Shimmmmmmmmanooooo. Ommmmmmmm.

The big struggle was getting my nose-ring out! OUCH! Dunno how I'm gonna get it back in.

(s.o. isn't answering her phone or returning calls. she just can't cope with difficulty and never has be able to.)
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

Good luck with the MRI - good you have a friend there (and the valium!)

And I say, if the s.o. can't be there for you when the going get tough, she doesn't deserve the "s" in that label!

K-Good luck with the MRI. I'm glad to hear you'll have a friend there (and - of course, the valiummm), but sad to hear your s.o. hasn't come around.

Hair color - mine is reddish brown with way too many gray hairs in there. The color of my hair hides a lot of the gray, if you don't look too closely. I used to have it dyed - redder than it is, until they made it cranberry. Yes - cranberry - the same day I was leaving to present a talk at a national meeting. I washed literally about 25-30 times in the next two days - it ended up a really vivid copper. I was done after that. I also had it permed in the early 90's. I have really thick hair - so it was quite large. Not the best look for me.

I'd probably just never call SO again, no matter what the results.
    "...I'm like the cycling version of the guy in Flowers for Algernon." Mike Magnuson

Back from the MRI! Boy, that was fun! Those machines make a huge variety of freaky noises, whodathunkit?

The valium really helped, but I still had to fight down panic a couple times. The music was a great help. I had U2, Cher, Basement Jaxx, Globetrekker, Jimmy Eat World, Pink, SheDaisy, Wynnona, and Brian Eno batting for me in there. It only took 45 minutes so I didn't even use up the whole CD.

I did not enjoy the 2nd set of MRI's with contrast, just because I have thin rolly veins and the tech had to fish around to get the injection going. And the gatalinium-dye was COLD. I got all shakey. So much for being a mature adult...

My head was locked into a frame, but whoever designed the frame was very smart. The main "lock" hooked onto the headphones so it felt like tight headphones rather than an Iron Maiden. I didn't even have to take off my jeans, because only my head went into the machine. (they did make me empty my pockets) I even got to keep my shoes on.

AND best of all, I got my nose-ring back in with a minimum of swearing!

so, here I am, can't drive until 3:00, enjoying the woozy valium effect, and I'm gonna play on the 'puter! Post to every thread! Start new ones in each catagory! (it wasn't me, it was the valium!)

When do you get the results?

Nanci
    "...I'm like the cycling version of the guy in Flowers for Algernon." Mike Magnuson

bikerz "And I say, if the s.o. can't be there for you when the going get tough, she doesn't deserve the "s" in that label!"

she does, just is an abreviation for sumthin' different, something other than significant?

glad the MRI went as well as could be and that the nose ring is back in. We'll hope for the best on the results, keep us posted, there's such a lot of support here.

Bikerz, there was an article in todays Hayweird Daily Review about a biker making his way back after a stroke. You'd told me about your neighbor who rides down (and up) your hill on his recumbent? I think it's the same guy, bay area living section.
    Last edited by Trek420; 05-01-2006 at 11:19 AM.
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Folder ~ Brompton

so we're on hair color at the moment? Mine is naturally red'ish, sort of a rusty brown I think except exposure to sunlight makes it redder. I have dyed it on occasion. The best one was when I had it died with really bright totally non-natural dyes: blood red with streaks of hot lava and yellow . Got great looks and surprised comments , and the color washed out after a couple of weeks so no permanent damage (except to some of my towels and a few pillow cases).

I have to dye my hair, cuz the gray (which I've had for years) just makes me look like I'm bald on each temple and at my forehead.

I've tried to grow it out a few times, and it really does look crappy. My hair is so baby fine and thin, it won't look good gray until it's ALL gray.

MRI results next week when I see the neurologist.

just bleach it all white and then do the Mrs. Sloacham (sp?) look, different color each day or so.
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Folder ~ Brompton

Well, I'm not thrilled with my color du jour. Loreal Natural somethingsomething - #4N. It's a dark brown. I may have to play with a highlighting kit later today, since I'm playing hooky from work.

Trek: did you see the "Are you Being Served" reunion thingy on PBS? They interviewed the actress who played Mrs. Sloacom (?) and she talked about the whole hair business. Guess it really fried her hair. She said everyone always asks about the hair.