Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Hybrid View

The cost was the same for the metric and the full century, so there shouldn't be a problem.

Good you and LeeBob can wait for me at Chalk Hill, then bungee me to your bikes........

Quote Originally Posted by jobob
    Although I signed us up for the century (in a spurt of irrational optimism), Mr. LeeBob and I talked it over and at this point we're more likely to opt for the metric instead.

They'd let us switch, wouldn't they ? Gawd I hope so ...

- jo "survival instinct intact" bob

It's a deal !

Oooh... there's a bungee option? Wow! Maybe I could actually do this ride, if not for my schedule!!

More merrier! Hurry Slinkedog- this is a popular ride and it will fill up early! Can you rearrange your schedule per chance?????????

Sorry you won't be with us V, but I totally understand the expense bit. Organized rides are getting very expensive these days if you want to do lots of them! I think it's partially cost of food, registration fees, permit costs, rest stop costs that are partially to blame. (Santa Rosa Club explains this on their site.)
    Nancy

I'm starting to obsess about whether I'm ready for this so I decided to look to see who might be there to share my pain

Checking the Bikejournal site, we have:
    cindysue
    jobob
    live2bike
    maillotpois
    SadieKate
    WrenchBoy (aka Bubba)

From piecing together this conversation,
    Snapdragen
    Kjay
    Bike Goddess
    Mr LeeBob
    Mr. MaillotPois

VIVV (Very Important Venerable Volunteer)

Deanna

Anyone have a course elevation profile? MP has provided the 200k course map and lots of patient words of wisdom. Now, I'm realizing I really don't know how gnarly the climbs at the beginning are. And how early crack of stupid has to be for the drive over. And . . .
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

I don't know that I've seen an "official" elevation profile, but I can help you piece together the route using the elevation profiles for the area, found at

http://www.srcc.com/cgi_bin/profiles.pl

The early climbs are (in route order) Graton Rd, Coleman Valley (only if you're doing the 200K), Mays Canyon and Green Valley. The last climb is Chalk Hill, which isn't all that bad, but it is at the very end.

distraction post :p

Quote Originally Posted by SadieKate
    And how early crack of stupid has to be for the drive over. And . . .
    I'm getting up at 4:30 am so I can get ready, get coffee, and meet my friendly carpool so we arrive by 7am. I'm not in great shape but I am still very much looking forward to it!
    Cheers!

Cindy

Team Luna Chix

One upsman's ships

Is that the right term?

Anyway, need to drive from Davis, be checked and on my bike at 6 am. Not feeling sorry for you, Miss CindySue.

Utah, Gateway to Nevada, not to be confused with Idaho
    Quote Originally Posted by SadieKate
    I decided to look to see who might be there to share my pain
    I'll be with you in spirit. I wish I could be there in body! That would be a great way to spend my birthday weekend! My friend Rod (you know HIM) says that this is the purtiest ride he's ever done (the double metric version). You have to get up there and take a picture for me!

Yes, ma'am! Is HotRod going to be there?