Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Hybrid View

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean

Age,sleep,body heat

I!ve been in menopause for last 3 yrs. No period just seems I seem to feel a bit warmer in general. After a deep sleep or even just a 1 HR nap, I seem to be quite warm in the face. Then goes away after 5 min. Or so. jUst wondering if others have this. It's not a terrible thing at all.
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.

Before menopause I was cold all the time, since I'm hot all my waking hours and then cold when I sleep. It's been a weird transition.

Electra Townie 7D

I've been menopaused for over a year now. During the day, I have one or 2 hot flashes and it does not last long. The next ones are at around 9:30pm and come back until about 5-6am. During the night, I get those regularly and it wakes me up. As soon as the hot flash is gone, I'm cold of course. Then at dawn, they go away and I need an extra blanket. I find it pretty hard on the system and it is a frequent discussion in our couple as hubby is always freezing. I sometimes end up sleeping in the guest room and open the window to max even at -5c. He'd die if I'd do this in our room. haha
    Helene
    Riding a 2014 Specialized Amira LS4 Expert - aka The Zebra!
    2015 Specialized Crux e5 - aka Bora Bora bike

I did not feel hot overall. My experience was more like Helene's, but I didn't get cold after. I had just a couple of flashes a day, but I always awoke with one. That continued long after my period ended. I've been in menopause for 14 years, and I'd say I had a flash upon wakening for 10 years.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

I've been menopausal for six years now, and I'm still freezing all the time. Right now we have plenty of heat in the house, and I've got four layers of wool on plus a wool cap, plus before dinner (which, a hot meal will warm me up briefly) I had a heating pad stuck inside my vest all afternoon.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

As long as I'm keeping up with my HRT I'm fine now- my experience was much like Helene's but when I was waking up 3 or 4 times a night and having trouble staying focused at work, I started hormones. I've tried skipping for a few days and as soon as I do, I start waking up feeling warm (never as bad as my peak sweating hot flashes).... and so I've gone back to the pills. I know I need to get off of them eventually...
    2016 Specialized Ruby Comp disc - Ruby Expert ti 155
    2010 Surly Long Haul Trucker - Jett 143