Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My New Bike (to be anyways)

To disable ads, please log-in.

I attached a picture, I hope it worked. This is the nicest bike I will have EVER owned. I can't wait to get back in good riding shape and take this beauty out for a real ride. It is staying at the bikeshop till spring gets here
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MyRoubaix.jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	116.8 KB 
ID:	17948  

i see many great adventures/miles in your future.......luv that orange color too and it's very visible as a big plus!!!!!
    ‘The negative feelings we all have can be addictive…just as the positive…it’s up to
    us to decide which ones we want to choose and feed”… Pema Chodron

Sweet! First cousin to my Ruby (less than 48 hours until I take possession!)
    2016 Specialized Ruby Comp disc - Ruby Expert ti 155
    2010 Surly Long Haul Trucker - Jett 143

Nice! Hope your roads are free of snow, salt and cinder very soon!
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

That is one beautiful bike, congrats!

Electra Townie 7D

Looks really nice!
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

That's a gorgeous bike! I love the Mango color -- one of my very faves! I am envious!
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

Nice! Interesting that the bike shop will keep it until spring -- are they charging for storage?

- Gray Trek Madone 4.7 road bike, mystery crack in top tube repaired by Calfee, Bontrager Affinity RXL saddle
    - Red Trek 6000 mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver Trek 2000 road bike
    - Two awesome and worn out Juliana saddles

Finally got my bike so I can actually ride it. Simply put, I love it. Everything with the exception of the saddle. It is a men's model so it's just the stock seat. The electronic shifting works great and the brakes are amazing! Overall the ride is awesome, you can tell this bike was made for riding on bad roads. I do need to find a more appropriate saddle. Historically I have used the Terry Butterly Ti and that has worked well. I have hips so narrow saddles won't cut it. Anyone have any suggestions, I'm open to trying something new.

You know as well as anyone, that saddles are totally individual. Murienn is the queen of saddle knowledge around here. I thought the Terry Falcon was the one, and got used to soft tissue pain on long rides, for years. When I bought my Silque, I skeptically tried the Specialized Oura. The LBS guy told me my azz would hurt for a good while, and magically, I would get my sit bones used to it, and there would be no soft tissue pain. He was totally right.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Little late on this, but what a nice bike for sure! i've always preferred those "happy and cheery" kinds of colors and, as mentioned, safer, too.

Yeah, the saddle thing. I can get by with the usual guy's saddle on a new bike, for awhile, but, sooner or later, the lack of support across my hip bones gets to me, too. I usually have just headed to a local shop to buy a WSD saddle from what they had in stock, but maybe it's time I started to give it more thought. Currently have two bikes that need a saddle upgrade from the stock men's.

So finding a saddle was a bit more complicated than I thought. It has a carbon saddle that came with it which I didn't realize had special sized rails. I couldn't just get a standard saddle without swapping out the seat post which I really didn't want to do. Fortunately Terry makes a carbon Butterfly. That saddle is amazing. I have other Terry Butterflies but this one is so flexible. I can't wait to give it a real try out

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Roubaix_Terry.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	68.8 KB 
ID:	18037
    Last edited by WindingRoad; 05-28-2016 at 04:06 PM.

By coincidence, just bought a Terry for the Fargo and have yet to give it a try.

NWG - I think the Terry Butterfly works good if you are hippy like I am. I have recommended it to other girlfriends who have woman hips and they have all appreciated its design. I think the width of the Butterfly is about 155 mm which is significantly wider in the rear of the saddle than most others.

I have a Ti butterfly on my other roadbike and its been a good saddle. I tried a chromoly Butterfly once and it was like sitting on a brick. I assume Terry must make their higher end saddles more comfortable, flexible? The reason I say this is b/c the Ti was so much more flexible than the chromoly and now the carbon one is simply amazingly flexible. I'm excited to try it out :-)
    Last edited by WindingRoad; 05-28-2016 at 04:49 PM.

Been itching to get out and try the new Terry, but rain, rain and more rain, these past few days. Getting some brief rides in, between showers, but most of my riding has been indoors on the trainer.