Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

somebody switched the climate switch from hot hot extra hot to winter cool.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Two or so weeks ago, I was pouring sweat trying to work in the field (farm) and harvesting veggies. And now I'm wearing sweatshirt, my winter wool hat, insulated gloves to harvest. What ever happened to pleasant autumn cool and crisp nights? How can I enjoy a good watermelon when the air is crisp? or any varieties of melons I grow?

The shorter days is also causing me to be more sluggish in the morning. Who wants to wake up in pitch black? too early go back to bed...
    And there is the seasonal weight gain that I absolutely hate hate HATE! Is it just me that my body wants to build up "reserve" for the winter and spring? i seem to have a hard time shedding the weight I gain in the fall come following year when the weather heats up into summer.

Well, go back to setting up two greenhouses for winter growing. Woman's job is never done If a straight guy says that to me with a smirk, he might walk away with racoon face.

I need a pick me up about now... but no energy drinks.

Just a week ago I wore a sleeveless jersey on a bike ride, but I knew it was probably my last ride this year with summery weather. Today it was 20 degrees cooler with possible rain so I wore wool and brought things like full finger gloves and toe covers just in case. And the leaves are turning yellow. I miss summer already!

- Gray Trek Madone 4.7 road bike, mystery crack in top tube repaired by Calfee, Bontrager Affinity RXL saddle
    - Red Trek 6000 mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver Trek 2000 road bike
    - Two awesome and worn out Juliana saddles

No fall foliage here, yet, a bit behind. Right now it's 34 degrees in the center of town, although it's supposed to get up to 70. We are doing a ride up on the north shore, which we just pushed upour start time by a half hour, as it is probably not going to warm up quite as much there.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

We're dealing with record highs here. Yuck. It shouldn't be 90+ degrees in September. Can't wait for things to cool down.

Arizona... where we're happy the nights have cooled down below 70 and the highs are not getting over 100... except maybe this coming Wednesday. It's our better riding season!
    2016 Specialized Ruby Comp disc - Ruby Expert ti 155
    2010 Surly Long Haul Trucker - Jett 143

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    Now still trying to get away with cycling in long walking shorts when I cycle up to the farmers' market to buy heavy loads of fresh veggies and fruit. The only good thing about weather so far is that at least it hasn't rained for past 2 wks. (or barely) when the temperatures have dropped. The tree colour is turning golden, but it's a dryish yellow because lack of rain. I start cycling off to work early morning @5 degrees C with temp that have climbed to 13-20 degrees C in past few days.

Some friends went hiking in Canadian Rockies last weekend : it did snow about 2-3 cm.
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know whatís in a personís heart.