Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Hybrid View

Yes, I am 5' 1" and the 47 cm Silque fits me perfectly. I had a shop sell me a 50 cm bike years ago. The top tube was in my crotch, but I was just too dumb to say anything. I eventually made them switch it out for a smaller frame, but I learned my lesson. They tried the stem switching thing, too, which made it all worse.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Yeah, I think what away going on with the Silque is that it was too big, and they maybe even had swapped the stem out....not to my knowledge, but with the way it was handling I wouldn't be surprised. It was more "loose in the front" than twitchy, really.

I can tell a difference with the carbon endurance bikes, they are smoother than my dolce and certainly shift better, but I'm pretty dead set on getting something aggressive and responsive to help me get those Strava segments.

All I wanna do is ride fast.

Welp, I just test rode the CAAD10 and FELL IN LOVE....so all of this hemming and hawing were moot, haha. I'm sitting at home looking at my new bike right now

Quote Originally Posted by Muirenn View Post
    OMG congrats! Did you get the women's with 105? I want pictures!
    That's exactly what I got!!1

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0013.jpg 
Views:	503 
Size:	87.2 KB 
ID:	17725

Quote Originally Posted by Muirenn View Post
    Nice!

We're going to need a ride report!
    I took it out this morning for a quick spin before work. I didn't have time to properly warm up or wake up, so my times weren't quite what I was hoping for, but it was still probably my strongest solo ride (I always find a little extra trying to keep up with groups) and I still managed some PRs!

I'm in love with the bike. It's so lively and fun to ride. I was spinning up one moderate hill casually, decided to shift up and power over the rest, and it felt like the bike just JUMPED up with me - its so responsive to sprints. Definitely not as smooth as some of the carbon bikes I rode, but I prefer feeling the road (to some degree!). I do need to get the fit dialed in but I love that I am more over the bars during standing climbs, which makes them more secure. Also love shifting from the drop bars. And one time I shifted up front and I actually had to look down to see that the chain moved because the transition was so smooth.

And it's just effortless to go fast. I haven't put a computer on yet so I didn't know what I was averaging but every attempt felt so FAST even as I was still not near redlining. I was 4 seconds off one PR I was trying to beat, but I could have gone a little harder -- its going to take a little practice to learn how to harness the power of this bike because its so different from my old one.

Overall I'm very happy with my purchase