Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Specialized Ruby comp and sizing help.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hey, I'm new to cycling and would like some help with my 1st bike. I found a Specialized Ruby comp on Craigslist for what I think is a good price($500), but I'm not sure if it's the right size for me. It is a woman's extra small, 44cm, I'm 5'2" with a 28"(I think) inseam . Does anyone have a clue if it would be to small or fit okay?

I should go to my LBS and get properly measured I know, but I'm currently at work and am going to take a break in a few hours to go pick it up, so I don't have time to do that.

I hope someone can help me. Thanks!

Welcome to TE!

You should ask the owner if the bike has ever been crashed, and look carefully for signs of damage. A damaged Carbon frameset can fail without warning.

Ask if you can meet the owner at a bike shop, and have the shop determine if it is the correct size and inspect the frame for soundness. They should charge a small fee for this, but not too much. Later, you can do a fitting at the same shop.

Don't be in such a hurry. There is always another of whatever it is out there. TE could probably help you keep an eye out. Deals come up all the time.

Edit: for fit, It sounds within the correct range, but I'm 5'7", you are probBly better off waiting for someone else to help with that.

Here is the geometry chart to make it easier.

http://www.specialized.com/us/en/bik...-comp#geometry

A 44 cm carbon bike will be difficult for them to sell. It's a very specialized audience. Take your time and don't let them rush you.
    Last edited by Muirenn; 03-30-2015 at 10:03 AM.
    So long as the wheels are still turning, life is good.

Battswebb

Pinarello Quattro~CAADX~ Zurich Lemond
    Specialized Romin Saddles

Surly Krampus!

Yikes, the autocorrect on my tablet did some strange things to some of my words and phrases. Sorry! I went back and corrected several times. JFYI.
    So long as the wheels are still turning, life is good.

Battswebb

Pinarello Quattro~CAADX~ Zurich Lemond
    Specialized Romin Saddles

Surly Krampus!

I'm not quite 5'2" , more 5' 1/2", hoping for a growth spurt! I ride a 48" Ruby Comp. It's by no means too small. I think I could probably ride a 44". I know others in our size range ride either the 44 or 48. Muirenn has given great advice on meeting at a bike store for fit and inspection. Seems like a great price if it fits and is in good shape.
    2011 Specialized Ruby Comp
    2015 Giant Liv Tempt 3

I'm 5'1" and ride a 44 cm Ruby Comp. I'm very comfortable on it. The first ride out, I felt a little bit scrunched, but my old bike was really too big and I was too stretched out on it. I've had it since 2011- over 18,000 miles on it!
    2016 Specialized Ruby Comp disc - Ruby Expert ti 155
    2010 Surly Long Haul Trucker - Jett 143