Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Opinions, please?

To disable ads, please log-in.

I feel like I'm starting to ride all over again, although this time I think I have a better idea what I want.

This is the mountain bike I'm looking at: http://www.fujibikes.com/bike/details/nevada_29_11_d
    (The other one I'm looking at is the Giant Talon 0)
    Decentish drivetrain components, disc brakes, and because I work for a Fuji dealer, I get a very nice discount on it.

I have no clue about the fork. Or sizing. I imagine a small/15-16"? (Fuji does strange things with sizing, though.)
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

I would say the 17. Can you test ride some mountain bikes with similar tt's in different brands if that one is not available?

And consider a zero-offset seat post to take care of the long legs issue rather than a too small bike? I'm much better off since my fitter put me on them for all my bikes. It's the only way to get over the pedals and ride a bike that isn't too small. Even on too small bikes, seems to help. And my new (used) mountain bike now has one. Much better.

Can't comment on the mountain bike itself except to say it's lovely!

Edit: Oh, one comment is that the All Mountain style is great to start according to that chart Irulan posted. But I suppose you know that since you started that three? It was later, though.
    Last edited by Muirenn; 12-08-2012 at 08:08 PM.
    So long as the wheels are still turning, life is good.

Battswebb

Pinarello Quattro~CAADX~ Zurich Lemond
    Specialized Romin Saddles

Surly Krampus!

Re: Opinions, please?

I don't know enough to have an opinion, but it's pretty! :-) I am 5'3 and on a men's 15 inch if that helps any. 29 inch inseam.
    2012 Jamis Quest Brooks B17 Blue
    2012 Jamis Dakar XC Comp SI Ldy Gel
    2013 Electra Verse

Opinions, please?

The standover on the 15" frame is quite high. Over 78 cm. I'm 5'4 with a 29'5 inseam and no way it would fit me. Unless you have very long legs or you're a high girl, you wouldn't be able to stand over the frame with both legs on the ground.
    Last edited by Devold; 12-08-2012 at 10:28 PM.
    2010 Rock Lobster - mtb converted to commuter bike
    2010 Kona Dr. Lisa - commuter
    2011 Titus Rockstar 29er - Full suspension