Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean

Children winter cycling to school

To disable ads, please log-in.

Here in the winter snow, awesome group of children who bike together to get to school. They do it often on their own.

http://blogs.calgaryherald.com/2012/...r/?postpost=v2

This is in our city. Not saying this is the norm but it's great that they have each other for company.
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know whatís in a personís heart.

That's pretty cool - around here there have been times when kids have tried to bike to school and they've been told it's not allowed.... (which honestly I cannot understand... how is that at all legal or binding)
    "Sharing the road means getting along, not getting ahead" - 1994 Washington State Driver's Guide

visit my flickr stream http://flic.kr/ps/MMu5N

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    I saw it more incredible as the children simply riding in snow to school. Even where I grew up when children did used to cycle to school, I was not aware of any cycling in snow.
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know whatís in a personís heart.

We rode our bikes to Jr. High any day there was not snow on the roads. I can remember rolling through lots of slush! It's nice to see that these kids are doing something that promotes independence! More power to them!
    Touring this great country, one State at a time! Michigan Summer 2013.