Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

What lube do you prefer to use?

To disable ads, please log-in.

I picked up some Finish Line wax lube because I liked the idea of my chain looking clean and not picking up every little piece of dirt. I'm not certain if I really like it though. Shifting seems noisy compared to whatever the lbs had put on the chain. I have something called Prolink and Triflow on hand that I can try as well. Just wondering what everyone uses?

I started using Rock and Roll Gold chain lube last year. Everyone at the LBS recommended it. I've been happy enough with it.

http://www.rocklube.com/

- Gray Trek Madone 4.7 road bike, mystery crack in top tube repaired by Calfee, Bontrager Affinity RXL saddle
    - Red Trek 6000 mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver Trek 2000 road bike
    - Two awesome and worn out Juliana saddles

I like Boeshield T9. It's light, so it doesn't attract as much dirt, but it does need to be applied more often. Tri-flow gets too dirty and gunky for my tastes.
    "Sharing the road means getting along, not getting ahead" - 1994 Washington State Driver's Guide

visit my flickr stream http://flic.kr/ps/MMu5N

As you collect this info, you should find out the conditions people ride in and the type of use. For instance, in our extremely dry and dusty climate on the dry side of the PNW, I use Finish Line Dry Teflon on my mtb. Riders on the wet side may prefer something completely different.

I use various Dumonde Tech products for road biking, again in a cool and arid climate. East Coasters may recommend something different.
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

I like Pedro's Go!, which is soy based. It's good for dry conditions and doesn't attract a lot of dust (though it does turn black right away, it lubricates fine).

For wet conditions, they make a heavier soy-based lube called Chainj.

I've never used wax on a bici (used to use it on the moto). The trouble with wax is that the chain has to be SCRUPULOUSLY clean before you apply it. After that, though, it seems you can ignore it for a good long time.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

For my road bike - Pro Link. I find that I can easily get 2000 miles out of a chain when I use this lube frequently. This lube doesn't gunk up the chain as mush as other lubes I've used

For my mountain bike - chainsaw bar oil. You can get this at any hardware store. I heat it up before applying it and let it set up for a few hours after application. It not only lubes the chain innards, it also forms a barrier to prevent dirt from getting into the innards.
    JEAN

2011 Specialized Ruby Elite - carbon fiber go-fast bike
    DiamondBack Expert - steel road bike
    Klein Pinnacle - classic no-suspension aluminum MTB

For the road I use Rock and Roll Gold. For my mountain bike I use White Lightening. For my cleats I use Finish Line - I was using Finish Line (wax lube) on my mountain bike but I prefer White Lightening.