Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Bike tours in Austin, TX

To disable ads, please log-in.

I had such good luck on the Europe board when I asked about biking in Paris (Fat Tire Bike Tours was great!) that I thought I'd ask here about biking and bike tours in Austin, as I'm heading there next month for about a week.

I'd love to take a bike tour, and am curious about how Austin is in general re: biking. The meeting I'm attending is jam-packed morning til night, but I will have a little free time and would love to use some of it for biking while I'm there!

Austin is a very biking-friendly city. For info about rides you can join, check out http://austinontwowheels.org/cycling-events-calendar/ .

If you don't find anything there that interests you, then stop by Mellow Johnny's bike shop ( http://www.mellowjohnnys.com/ ), which is owned by Lance, and ask about tours that are available.
    JEAN

2011 Specialized Ruby Elite - carbon fiber go-fast bike
    DiamondBack Expert - steel road bike
    Klein Pinnacle - classic no-suspension aluminum MTB

Another great shop is Bicycle Sport Shop, they have excellent rentals doesn't have the Lance factor but I race for BSS so I am partial to them. I know they have cruisers, tandems, mountain bikes (all types) and even high end road bikes. There is a cruiser rental on Barton Springs Road which is a cool and vibrant area of town.

Overall Austin is relatively bike friendly. Meaning we're used to bikes. Some of the infrastructure is still a work in progress though but they try. What type of riding are you looking to do?
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan