Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dear Dog

Hybrid View

Dear Dog,

I'm just going to the bathroom, really. I don't think I need a chaperone.

And thanks for always being glad to see me when I come back out. The ego boost is wonderful.

Love, Your Pack Leader

Dear Dog,

I love that you're always convinced that the other side of any door is better. And that Halloween is your favorite holiday because little kids come to pet you.

Love, Your Pack Leader

dear dog,

I miss you a lot. I hope you're running around with a lot of friends and eating everything you ever wanted across the rainbow bridge.

Dear dog, thank you for being a nice hostess to your little cousin Jack. Yes, he is a funny looking Toto like dog, but he just wants to be friends. I was very proud of you when you did not remove his face when he grabbed your lamb toy.

Dear Dog,

I'm sorry I don't always understand when you stare through my eyes into my soul and try to beam thoughts directly in.

with love,
    the human

Dear Dog,
    Why do I love you so much even tough you are a very high maintenance herding dog with no sheep and cows to herd, thus increasing my activity level to a new high standard?

Not all who wander are lost

Dear Big Dog

How did you ever figure out how to open the fridge?????

Quote Originally Posted by ladyicon View Post
    How did you ever figure out how to open the fridge?????
    My Flat Coated Retriever did it by pulling on the towel hanging on the handle.
    To train a dog, you must be more interesting than dirt.

Trek Project One
    Trek FX 7.4 Hybrid

Dear Dog,

It's pretty obvious how you got up on top of the piano-- the piano bench was a convenient stepping stool. What I really wonder about is why you decided to climb a baby grand.

If you ever do it again, would you stay put up there long enough for me to get a picture?

Quote Originally Posted by skhill View Post
    Dear Dog,

It's pretty obvious how you got up on top of the piano-- the piano bench was a convenient stepping stool. What I really wonder about is why you decided to climb a baby grand.

If you ever do it again, would you stay put up there long enough for me to get a picture?
    well he was looking for a new perspective as well as a challenge. :0

marni
    marni
    Katy, Texas
    Trek Madone 6.5- "Red"
    Trek Pilot 5.2- " Bebe"

"easily outrun by a chihuahua."

Dear Crazy Choc. Lab:

Why do you stand there and bark at us like that! We played, we ate, we petted, we went outside, we played ball, we got treats, we petted some more. You know you will get sent to time out in your kennel (the extra one we keep in the family room just for time outs). You seem happy when we send you there, but the door is open. You could just go in on your own!

Dear Cute Little Beagle:

Why are you so food obsessed. You haven't missed a meal yet! I know its your linage, but really, so annoying.

Signed, Mom
    2011 Specialized Ruby Comp
    2015 Giant Liv Tempt 3

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmama View Post
    My Flat Coated Retriever did it by pulling on the towel hanging on the handle.
    I used to have a flat coat. That dog was way too smart and curious. Eventually, we just started leaving doors open because she would open them all if they weren't locked.

Dear dog,
    Yes it is hilarious when you steal my socks, but do you have to slobber on them?
    I stand and rejoice every time I see a woman ride by on a wheel...the picture of free, untrammelled womanhood--Susan B. Anthony

Dear Holly the snow bear,

Yes you are a Great Pyrenees only 13 weeks old and almost as big as our full grown golden boy, Flynn.
    But just because you a still a baby doesn't mean you can do what ever you want.

Don't:

1. chase the cats. You're supposed to protect them. They are not your chew toys.
    2. chase the layer chickens. You're also supposed to protect them against racoons and such. They are not your chew toys.
    3. counter surf. There are no food within your reach on the counter anyway.
    4. grab your mom's shoes and chew them. They are not your chew toys. We put them away where you are not supposed to be able to reach.

and please don't rough house with the golden boy inside the house. Flynn is just over a year old golden with lots of energy and so do you. But 120 pounds of dogs running around the house is just too much and even for the cats and our elderly pyrenees-golden mix Cody.

Lastly, I need to be able to sleep without you practicing howling at night.

Quote Originally Posted by smilingcat View Post
    Dear Holly the snow bear,

Yes you are a Great Pyrenees only 13 weeks old and almost as big as our full grown golden boy, Flynn.
    But just because you a still a baby doesn't mean you can do what ever you want.

Lastly, I need to be able to sleep without you practicing howling at night.
    13 weeks is a good time for a puppy class. Lots of exercise and mental stimulation - "a tired puppy is a good puppy."
    To train a dog, you must be more interesting than dirt.

Trek Project One
    Trek FX 7.4 Hybrid

Dear Thrifty Dog,

It's cool how you will save for later dog biscuits you don't want at that very moment. But my dressy boots are not a suitable place to keep your stash. 4 biscuits in the right boot, and 1 in the left... If you're looking for them, they are in a bag, on the kitchen counter.

Dear Puppygirl, I'm so glad you are feeling better. I was so scared you were going to be permanently disabled, back injuries in long dogs are not fun. I'll start weaning you off the muscle relaxers tomorrow. In the meantime, rest.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s003.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	38.6 KB 
ID:	14153