Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Dear Cat

Hybrid View

Re: Dear Cat

Sweet! Thanks for the photo!

That is adorable! Love the interaction, that's one pleased and entertained cat.
    Winter riding is much less about badassery and much more about bundle-uppery. - malkin

1995 Kona Cinder Cone commuterFrankenbike/Selle Italia SLR Lady Gel Flow
    2008 white Nakamura Summit Custom mtb/Terry Falcon X
    2000 Schwinn Fastback Comp road bike/Specialized Jett

Dear Brendon,

You came to me from People and Cats together rescue group back in October of 2000. The very nice person who ran the organization was fostering you and she said you were the very best boy. She said you were full grown but after we adopted you, we think you were around 1 year old. You had a vibrant youthful energy, the curiosity of a young cat. Yet you never really got into trouble all these years. I never taught you to stay off the counter. Yet you never jumped on the counter. For a stray you really never were interested in dashing outside. And you had a very nice older main coon to be your best bud.

Over the years, you helped me raise litter after litter of bottlefed kittens. Showed them the cats way. Let the kittens climb on you, scratch you, bite you but you were always very patient.

And now after 14 great years, the age is finally catching up. Then again it is to all of us. The person who rescued you and fostered you suffered a stroke. She is okay just bit frail now. Your mom is living a life very different than when she picked you up. Along the way, your furry family has grown to nine other cats and three new dogs. The dogs you first met have been gone for ten years maybe more.

I just hope whatever ails you right now is just temporary.

Maybe you'll eat some pureed chicken (baby food). You need to regain your weight. Losing more than 10% of your body weight in about a month is not a good thing. And your vet trip today just really knocked the wind out of you. You were napping as I lay next to you. I held your head and caressed your back. You purred most of the hour with your tongue sticking out.

I hope you had a very nice dream.

Love mom,

Brendon,
    Hope you get to feeling better soon, and that your vet has found out why you don't feel very good. Is it your thyroid? Or blood sugar perhaps? According to my big sister Calypso, she had an older sister cat who had thyroid problems (hyperthyroid) and a big brother catta who was diabetic. Mum took good care of them until they crossed the rainbow bridge at the age of 17 hooman years.

~ Chloe
    (who hyjacked Mum's computer)
    Beth

Thank you Beth,

Every day he is here and healthy is another day of joy for me. He means a lot to me. He seems to be getting over the semi emergency vet visit the other day. The blood test came back and only real issue is he is in early stages of renal failure at between stage 1 and stage 2. He does have thickened intestine so he may have cancer.,, He did have one minor procedure done while we were there last week but that will be TMI for most people. Lets just say, he seems to be relieved.

The good vet wants to do a biopsy of the thickened intestine but what is the point? If he has it then I feel like I'm torturing him at his age. If he doesn't then why put him through the pain to begin with. So he is on steroids to help him get over the hump. He has a real good appetite for now with cooked organic/free range chicken breast (chicken we raise). He seems to be lot more alert. And he is happy and content being next to me.

so we are taking one day at a time. He seems to be out of the woods for now.

Dear Cats,

I'm not trying to poison you. Those little white things are pills. So please do not bite off my finger or rake me with your sharp claws. One of you get three different meds each day. another gets just one pill a day and third one gets a topical ointment. And please do not lick it off.

Medicine was expensive but more importantly, its for your own good.