Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 17 of 33 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: Dear Cat

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by 7rider View Post
    We won't have a tree this year - but we do have cats..so no worries about cats and trees.

Okay...Gonna use this thread to ask another dumb owner question about my kittens. We finally sprouted our tub o' wheat grass for them. Grew nice and tall. Cats love to rip it out of the tub. And...that's it.

They rip it and leave it. All. Over. The. Place.

Aren't they supposed to EAT this stuff? My friend's cat devours this stuff. I'll take scissors and cut up blades into their dinner - which they'll eat. But as far as actually consuming it from the plant on their own...they haven't grasped the concept yet. Zoe is closer to it than Paris (who is an idiot...love him to pieces..but he's not the sharpest knife in the drawer). But if I don't dice it up for even Zoe, she won't eat it. Their little meat-eating teeth just don't work on the plants (even the parsley I've been giving them...gotta cut it up).

Is this a trick they learn or what?
    Mine have never had a problem eating off of any plant in my house. Including plastic ones. But all three of them were outside cats at one point, and two were born feral. So I might not have the best example.

"I never met a donut I didn't like" - Dave Wiens

Quote Originally Posted by katluvr View Post
    Currently my cat's favorite toy is a long orange sting made of t-shirt material. It is like AWESOME! My cats are definitely of the high IQ type!

K
    LOL!

Izzy's favorites are the aforementioned Amazon box, plastic bags (which we tie in a knot for her safety, my ponytail bands, and empty edamame shells. She has a basket full of toys she totally ignores.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

My last cat dearly loved the belt from my robe. I finally gave in like the good trained woman I am and allowed her to have it. She just looked adorable dragging that thing all over the apartment Yeah, it was a lot more fun for her than those toys I bought her

Dear junior cat,

Last night that pie was sitting uncovered on the kitchen counter so that it could cool off-- it wasn't there for you to eat. You're lucky the pie was just a test-drive of a new recipe, and not something about to be taken somewhere. It would have been hard to explain away little cat teeth marks...

But we're in agreement, that was a fantastic pie crust.

I greatly enjoyed this article, cat-lovers:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/family/pe...tches-bus.html
    Help me reach my $8,000 goal for the American Lung Association! Riding Seattle to D.C. for clean air! http://larissaridesforcleanair.org
    http://action.lungusa.org/goto/larissapowers

That is too cute, Reesha!
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Dear Chloe,
    Why are you fixated on playing with the bathroom sink's plug? Bringing to bed after you dropped it in your litter box was not exactly what I wanted to wake up with. I know you like to bring your toys to bed, but that?! Now that I've cleaned it, the sink, and the floor, would you please leave it alone? You have a basket full of toys, where is squirrel, hedgie, or mouse?

The lady who keeps you in kibble
    (and good luck finding the plug now, muhahaha)
    Beth

Dear D@mmit Cat:
    I would be more than happy to share my cheese and summer sausage with you if I thought you planned on digesting it, but you've already reached your vomit quota for the week.

However, thanks for returning the Wii controller so I can watch Netflix again!

(PS - your stomach might feel better if you stopped eating out of the trash. Just sayin.)

Dear Cat,
    There are two bowls with water in them. When one bowl is empty you can drink from the other bowl. They both have the exact same substance in them. You don't have to meow at me, just step 3 inches to your right and, look! more water!
    Thank you.

Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling. ~ James E.Starrs

My bicycle jewelry...
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/Winterwoman...f=pr_shop_more

Dear Cat,

I realize now that you have a penthouse somewhere that you retire to when our abode is no longer to your liking, since you disappeared on New Year's Eve in the pouring rain, leaving your food and a set of worried owners behind, and reappeared in the wee hours dry, warm, calm and content, and most surprisingly, not hungry. I will endeavour to no longer worry about you when you do stuff like that.

PS. Do drop by every now and then, we're fond of you.
    Last edited by lph; 01-03-2012 at 09:00 AM.
    Winter riding is much less about badassery and much more about bundle-uppery. - malkin

1995 Kona Cinder Cone commuterFrankenbike/Selle Italia SLR Lady Gel Flow
    2008 white Nakamura Summit Custom mtb/Terry Falcon X
    2000 Schwinn Fastback Comp road bike/Specialized Jett

Dear Lulu,

We know you are smart but you are still a CAT. "C", "A", "T" CAT. We never taught you to use people toilet but my partner spied on you squatting on the toilet seat and peed into the toilet. I don't know how you figured it out but you did.

then it occurred to us that you might be the culprit for pee smell around the toilet. You seem to have missed on few occasions. Yuck!

Both of us would prefer that you stick with your litter box. Or if you continue to use people toilet, to please pee in the toilet not on it. And BTW, it would be nice if you could flush it when you are done.

Thank you,

Your proud mama.

One of mine is more than happy to flush but will not use. Skunk is fascinated by watching things go down the hole and now knows what makes that happen. I have to leave the lid shut to keep her away.

(Also, pretty sure dumdum plays in the toilet if I leave it open, based on the mess I've found.)

Looking at all the love there that's sleeping
    So Paris likes to drink from the bathroom faucet.
    And the cats sleep on our bed at night.
    Around 3:15 this morning, Paris decides he's thirsty.
    So rather than walking down the hallway to his waterbowl, pounces on yours truly. Literally. All 13 pounds of him. I must have felt him walking up the bed, because I opened my bleary eyes just in time to see a black blob coming down on me from a height of about 18".
    I lay there for about a minute. Shock. Confused. Finally, I decide, "Well, I'm awake. I may as well do what I do every time I wake up at 3 in the morning." So I go to the bathroom, and there is Paris, sitting on the sink, waiting for me.
    Purrrrrrr.....A purr, a prance, and a paw at the sink bowl. Awww...Isn't he just so cute. Not.

Hmmm...it was sort of this last night.
    Last edited by 7rider; 01-18-2012 at 06:19 AM.
    2007 Seven ID8 - Bontrager InForm
    2003 Klein Palomino - Terry Firefly (?)
    2010 Seven Cafe Racer - Bontrager InForm
    2008 Cervelo P2C - Adamo Prologue Saddle

Dear Cars
    I will really miss you while DH and I are in hawaii. My DS will take good care of you.

xx
    your fur mom.. well not really furry...but it's the thought that counts.
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Davidson Custom Bike - Cavaletta
    Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna
    Old Raleigh Mixte - Mitzi

Quote Originally Posted by Biciclista View Post
    Dear Cars
    I will really miss you while DH and I are in hawaii. My DS will take good care of you.

xx
    your fur mom.. well not really furry...but it's the thought that counts.
    I'm just guessing here but you meant cats right
    2005? Storck Senario cd 1.0 with SRAM Force, Specialized Romin Comp Gel 155 saddle
    1998 Lemond Tourmalet
    2007 Gary Fisher HKEK