Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Zip Fizz Energy Drink

To disable ads, please log-in.

I just got a sample of zip fizz at Costco. After a 35 mile ride, I was surprised how well this product worked. But it does have Xylitol and caffeine (100mg) in it.

Anyone ever try it? Opinions?

http://www.zipfizz.com/
    Lisa

Bacchetta Ti Aero
    ICE B1
    Bacchetta Cafe Mountain Bent

Have never tried it, but the Xylitol scares me. I've made a conscious effort to stay away from any of the alcohol sugars (anything ending with a "tol") because they tend to give me GI distress. I had to give up chewing gum because I haven't been able to find any sugarless gums made without 'em. But the caffeine boost would certainly interest me.

ETA: Ohhh...I take it back..I HAVE tried ZipFizz before!!! As soon as I clicked on the link and saw the picture...it immediately came back to me. I tried the Pink Lemonade flavor. Bought a tube of it at my local REI, cuz I thought it looked interesting. Didn't realize it had Xylitol in it until after I made the purchase - should have read the label FIRST! If I recall correctly, I thought it tasted pretty good, although I diluted it a bit more than what the instructions stated. But obviously, I had a problem with it because I never bought it again...so it must have given me stomach cramps (which would be my standard reaction to Xylitol or other alcohol sugars).
    Last edited by nscrbug; 08-13-2011 at 04:52 PM.
    2012 Seven Axiom SL - Specialized Ruby SL 155

Well, some feedback after trying it yesterday. Zip fizz will definitely give you a boost without the jitters. If I try it next time, I will cut the dose in half. If I were to get rid of coffee, I would replace it with zip fizz. This stuff is that good.

Also, to my surprise, the xylitol did not bother my stomach. In the past I have been sensitive to xylitol.

Anyway, if you are looking to replace your current energy/electrolyte drink, you might give this one a try.
    Lisa

Bacchetta Ti Aero
    ICE B1

AVOID this product. After the fact, my significant other just told me that she got a tight chest with this product. I am wondering if it is a heart attack in a tube. If you decide to use it, do so with caution and cut the dose in half
    Lisa

Bacchetta Ti Aero
    ICE B1

Well, it's obviously a stimulant.

It's got 100 mg's of caffeine per serving. I know for a fact that would barely affect me. (You don't want to know my Starbucks Espresso Double Shot tolerance. But I've finally stopped drinking that stuff!).

Is there anything else in it that could cause elevated heart-rate? And is your SO sensitive to caffeine? Does she generally avoid caffeine, so was inundated while her heart-rate was already up from exercise? (Come to think of it, I don't like caffeine during exercise, though I've had it a couple of times in gels, something about exercising and adding a stimulant sound a little iffy to me).

Itself's description reminds me of some things I read about a new ADHD drug a few years ago. Scarey. Everything else in it appears to be the typical stuff you find in 'energy' drinks.

These days, I'm using juice mixed in water with a dash of salt for energy drinks. Sometimes with whey protein added. Occasionally, the 4 to 1 Accelerade mixture. Just because it's easier. Maybe I'll stick to that.
    Last edited by Muirenn; 08-29-2011 at 04:53 PM.
    So long as the wheels are still turning, life is good.

Battswebb

Pinarello Quattro~CAADX~ Zurich Lemond
    Specialized Romin Saddles

Surly Krampus!