Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Philly Colnago Gran Fondo

To disable ads, please log-in.

Just wandering if anyone else from the forum is going to do the Philly Gran Fondo. I am planning to do the 108 mile option and have been signed up for a while. It would be great to see/ride with some folks from TE.

I've thought about it, but the reality is that I'm just not in that kind of shape this year. Two years ago, sure. Now, not so much

It's definitely on my list of cool rides to do some year!

How was it? I hope that Sunday's horrendous rain didn't ruin things!

The 5 inches of rain put a damper on the festivities. The "gran" 108 miler was cancelled due to flooding on some of the course roads.

After about 10 miles, I realized that my highly neglected rear brake had finally called it quits. At that point, I thought that the 35 mile route was most prudent. It was a soggy ride, but the course was delightfully hilly (around 2000 ft of climbing). I ended up finishing the course at about 5th overall and as the 1st woman. I think a lot of women stayed in bed.

Overall, I thought that it was a well organized, well marked ride. Despite the rain, I never used my cue sheet.

Sounds like a good-enough day, in spite of the weather. I admire you for riding- I didn't even leave the house on Sunday, let alone ride my bike Congrats on your performance! There are some seriously steep roads in that area!

Thanks, it ended up being kinda fun.