Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Installing a Brooks Saddle

To disable ads, please log-in.

For some reason I can't get this to fit on my bike (Trek Madone). It looks like the nose is too high but if I sit on it, I slide right off. Any adjustment makes me feel like I'm sliding off of it..up or down. Trait of the saddle?

Maybe because I drove to Omaha to get my car looked at and then drove to Lincoln to return a test saddle my brain shut down when I got home last night.

If I put the bike on my stand the saddle doesn't fit right on it making any adjustments impossible.

Just with the few test rides around the block I think I love this saddle. Oh..I got the narrow version of the B17 if that changes the specs of the saddle. Finally found one in a shop in Omaha as most have the regular B17 and would have to special order the narrow one.

It's a new morning. I'll see what I can do today. I know it's user error.

Sigh. If you need something truly tightened, get a teenage boy. Problem fixed.

photos???
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Davidson Custom Bike - Cavaletta
    Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna
    Old Raleigh Mixte - Mitzi

Please let us know how you like it! I am seriously considering the B17 Narrow, but not sure if the shape will be right for me. Meanwhile I took my Gilles Berthoud off and am back on my older Fizik vitesse which is fine but the Brooks would be so much better looking but we all know comfort over looks
    Sky King
    biketouringnews.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bethany1 View Post
    For some reason I can't get this to fit on my bike (Trek Madone). It looks like the nose is too high but if I sit on it, I slide right off. Any adjustment makes me feel like I'm sliding off of it..up or down. Trait of the saddle?.
    Go with what feels right, not what looks right.
    My brooks is tilted down and everyone thinks it looks like I should be sliding right off. But I can't stand having it level because it feels like it's getting to personal with me. Tilted down is right for me. Maybe a slight tilt up is best for you.
    2009 Trek 7.2FX WSD, brooks Champion Flyer S, commuter bike