Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Anyone take joint supplements?

To disable ads, please log-in.

If so, what do you recommend?
    Mary
    ~Strong and content, I travel the open road.~

http://www.the3day.org/goto/mary.aguirre

I take Cosamin ASU. Recommended by my rhuematolgist. Amazon is cheapest.
    To train a dog, you must be more interesting than dirt.

Trek Project One
    Trek FX 7.4 Hybrid

That is what I give my dog, LOL!! You can also buy it at Sam's...I'll have to compare prices. Do you take all four tablets each day?
    Last edited by abejita; 12-21-2010 at 06:38 PM.
    Mary

Hubby & I both take 2 Glucosamine w/MSM 3x/day. One of the one's from Sam's. We've been taking them for years. When we run out...I can feel the difference within a week. Eat 'em like candy!
    I aspire to be...the best I can be...the best I've ever been!

2011 Tarmac SL3 Pro Sram/"La Sombra Blanca"/Specialized Jett

Anyone take joint supplements

I have been taking glucosamine for many years. The ironic thing is that my surgeon years ago mentioned that my knees were too far gone for it to help. Ironically I followed his instructions for quite some time, until I also had to put one of my dogs on it. The vet(also a friend) suggested that I try it... if it didn't help then obviously stop taking it. I did start to take it (once to twice a day) and it did help, and quite often will remind me if I for some reason I have missed it for a few days. Now it is NOT going to rebuild the cartilage that I no longer have, but it does indeed take away some of the pain/irritation and living in a 3 story house I'm thankful for that.

I take a glucosamine/MSM supplement (Osteo BiFlex brand, triple strength)...2 pills per day. I've been using this for 6+ years now, and I notice a difference if I stop taking them...especially in my knees.
    2012 Seven Axiom SL - Specialized Ruby SL 155

I've take this off and on for about ten years. Most people find that it takes 60-90 days to begin to feel a difference. That said....all of the latest medical double blind studies seem to indicate that MSM/Glucosomine has no positive effect.

I haven't heard or read anything indicating it can hurt in any way...so if you think it works and can afford it, you may want to continue.

I've also taken it on and off occasionally, but never long enough to see if it makes a difference. My chiropractor suggested it at my last visit.

In semi-unrelated knee problems...I think the bursitis in my knee is acting up and my knee is throbbing and I can't sleep. Not looking forward to six hours in the car tomorrow.
    Mary

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna View Post
    I've take this off and on for about ten years. Most people find that it takes 60-90 days to begin to feel a difference. That said....all of the latest medical double blind studies seem to indicate that MSM/Glucosomine has no positive effect.

I haven't heard or read anything indicating it can hurt in any way...so if you think it works and can afford it, you may want to continue.
    The kind I take has "ASU" - some kind of avocado-something. It has been shown clinically to be beneficial. That's why my M.D. recommended it.
    To train a dog, you must be more interesting than dirt.

Trek Project One
    Trek FX 7.4 Hybrid

I used to sell Cosequin to veterinarians. Their human product as well, is the most researched glucosamine/chondrotin product out there. I've been taking it for years with good results.
    Lisa

Bacchetta Ti Aero
    ICE B1
    Bacchetta Cafe Mountain Bent

My cat has been taking Cosequin for quite some time now. It makes a big difference in his mobility. He's 17 and still gets up and down stairs, plus jumping on and off our deck into the garden.

I've taken glucosamine and MSM for years as well. A few months ago, I stopped taking MSM and only take glucosamine now. I take it in powdered form which is quite inexpensive and easily digested. I won't take chondritin supplements because it comes from sharks fins ( I think that's the part they use) and I am against killing sharks. I've since read that studies with chondritin have not shown benefits.
    Nancy

I grab whatever version is buy one get one free when I happen to run out... I hear that some studies show it's not effective, some show that it is. I say if it works for you, great; if it doesn't, quit taking it. I for one notice a difference if I'm not taking it.
    Specialized Oura or Romin Evo Saddles

Cosaquin DS- It's $$$, but the only one my orthopedist would reccomend!
    Be yourself, to the extreme!