Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tools & Supplies

To disable ads, please log-in.

What does everyone carry with them when they ride?

I have 2 CO2 cartridges, a spare tube, tube repair kit, a couple of allen wrenches, chain tool, tire irons, a mini leatherman, and most importantly a cell phone!

Veronica
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

Instead of the little bit of perforated metal that comes with most patch kits, I carry a1.5" square of the 3M sandingfoam in a fine grit. I get better patches using it. You can get them at most hardware stores or Home depot. I cut the sheets into 4 to 6 pieces. They also work to help clean brake pads. One of my bikes I use some really tight fitting tires on, so I carry the Kool-stop tire changer for it. I also carry a spare tube. If it is dark, it is just easier to change the tube and wait until I'm home to find the hole and patch it. Also Duct tape or something to use for a boot. For myself, I carry some disinfectant wipes, antibiotic ointment and bandages.

seatbag: spare tube, tire irons, some change.

camelbak: small pump, water, mini first aid (crash) kit, cliff bars, multi tool, ID. Layers as weather dictate.

Irulan
    2015 Liv Intrigue 2
    Pro Mongoose Titanium Singlespeed
    2012 Trek Madone 4.6 Compact SRAM

Talking

seat pack: tire levers, hex set, spare tube, 2 patch kits,small monkey wrench, chain breaker, extra locking pins.

windproof jacket jersey pocket: cell phone, small wash cloth, ID, cash, luna bars, powdered gatorade. extra dog bones.

and the most important thing to my entire gear list: GLITTER LIP GLOSS.

i also keep a few dog bones taped to my stem.

I'm so glad I don't have to worry about dogs.

I'm happy to see I'm not the only one who carries around a bunch of stuff. My husband is even more of nut about gear. On the tandem we carry an extra tire, and so much food we could feed a small army. 'Cause hey you never know.

Veronica
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

I usually carry my multi-tool, which has everything needed for a quick fix. A small air pump, tire levers, spare tube, some TP, soapless hand cleaner, LIP GLOSS, (very important)a choc. bar, cell phone, digital video camera...and sunscreen if needed.
    Geez, I thought I carried light until I wrote it all down.... and I seem to be missing some stuff that you gals have.....guess it's time for a new Camel Bak!!!
    that's why I ride...

Alien multitool, spare tube, patch kit, CO2 and cartridge, lip gloss, small first aid kit, white lightening lube, drivers license, a small amount of cash and a cell phone.

Y'all forgot body glitter. Very important.
    Has any body ever gotten fed up and just called a cab to haul you in to the LBS? I carry all that stuff, but every two years or so I just don't feel like it and tell United cab to send out a minivan. I told this girl at the gym that the other day and you'd think I'd suggested having a black mass.
    I always have Bullfrog spf 45 sunscreen stashed- the sun down here will burn the skin off your back in the summer. Also coaches tape, works for bike repairs and closing up wounds, compressing things trying to swell, ect. Good for ripped gloves and a quick fix for torn clothes.

missliz

AMEN ON THE BODY GLITTER!!!!!!!!!!

Thumbs up

Note to self: add body glitter to shopping list...gotta get some o' that missliz pizzazz!!! Thank you for this most important tip!

I recommend you look for unscented- most of it is made for chicks who still actually are sixteen (instead of growing old ungracefully by thinking they're sixteen) and tends to have vanilla smell. This is cute at high school but icky with mud blood snot and sweat. Put it on after the sunscreen dries.
    I also recommend aquiring a tiara- My ENT surgeon told me this. Don't put it in the pack, just take the attitude along. Dr Ear says they won't let hers in the OR, but the ownership alone works just as well. That's the sumpremely confident grand duchess of the universe attitude, not the cheerleading princess attitude. Make sure you get the right kind of tiara, (BIG, very sparkly) you don't want to turn all wussy. It's a kind of Diagnon Alley distinction.
    And yes I am on drugs- Managed to fall and sprain the whole right side of my body in the rain yesterday. The cool part- it happened right outside one of the best trauma center ERs in the country. Cute young docs picked me up and carried me in, didn't have to wait. Isn't that funny? I usually fall and hurt myself in inconvenient places like the middle of a wilderness preserve. And I'll be fine in a day or two. Why do you always have to argue to get injuries iced right away in the ER? It cuts your recovery time to a fraction, and you'd think they'd know that. If it's purple, it needs ice, NOW!
    Nother thing for the Camelback- Ziplock baggie to beg ice at scary redneck bars for things that are swelling.

Blah blah blah love vicodan, could chat for hours and pages.

missliz happy happy

Talking

this is so funny, i was in a store yesterday and picked up a nice tiara and almost bought it. maybe i should.

haha, tiara that's a good one! Would you glue it on your helmet?

I do'nt wear make up, lip gloss or body glitter, but I do love "girly" bike wear: bright colors, flowers on my socks, colors that go with my frame and so on.

geargrrl
    2015 Liv Intrigue 2
    Pro Mongoose Titanium Singlespeed
    2012 Trek Madone 4.6 Compact SRAM

Talking

actually i think the tiara would be best mounted on the stem, surrounding my dog bones.

Goddess, I bet you've got six tiaras... admit it

Actually, they make little baby tiaras that may fit around the head tube, that's where I'd put one, but I wear one of the regular ones around the house every once in a while. Fixes a sad head. Besides, it'd be tough to clean. Just pack the attitude.
    And Irulan, I live in New Orleans. I have a special Mardi Gras day helmet with ostrich plumes and sparkly stuff, rhinestones, diffraction stickers, it's a diadem/ noggin crash pad all in one. Actually, the body glitter only comes out a few days a season, I like flower and butterfly clothes for the daily grind too. But some days are special, you can feel it.