Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Cross Crusade kickoff @ Alpenrose - 299 women!

To disable ads, please log-in.

There were 1506 racers (plus 256 kiddie crossers) yesterday for the opening of the Cross Crusade series at Alpenrose Dairy, and 299 of them were women!

There were 249 in the Beginner/B/Masters B, C, 45+/Juniors race - made for a crowded lap until it thinned out. For my third race ever, I managed 63rd out of 105 beginner women, which was better than I hoped for! It was an awesome day for a race, and a really fun and bumpy course, complete with a run-up up the stairs and a lap around the velodrome.

I'm so looking forward to riding with the rest of my Ladies Auxiliary teammates at more races this fall! This cyclocross thing is awesome!

If you're in the Portland area, come out and bring a cowbell! You'll have a fun day out, I promise

Check out pdxcross.com for the best pictures of the day. They do such a great job of capturing what it's like to be out there. Such talented folks with the cameras!
    Last edited by jdubble; 10-04-2010 at 09:21 PM. Reason: got bumped from 62nd to 63rd. drat!

Sounds like you had a great time ,I heard it was a hard course. Thanks for the website pics were great,I saw people I know. My husband and daughter do cross and were there and had a blast. Maybe next year.......
    I like bikes, sometimes more than my husband