Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Threaded View

Less than 2 weeks ago I tried on both the Brooks Cascadia and the Altra Lone Peak 2.5, among others.

I have a wide forefoot & narrow heel. I also have bunionettes on my right foot. The Cascadia toe box felt pretty narrow to me. Not sure why my experience was different than yours, Catrin - maybe a change with a newer model? The Altras felt WONDERFUL - the toe box was dreamy (no contact anywhere!) they were cushy and slipper-like. But the heel was very wide. I was heartbroken (although the zero drop concept sort of scares me). They let me take them outside and run around. Ran some tight circles in the grass, and felt like my whole foot rolled around inside. Probably not the best, since I was shopping for trail shoes for more rugged terrain. Also, I found that without special fancy lacing, the heel was so loose I could just twist the shoe right off my foot. I think they could be a dream shoe for somebody with a wide foot overall.

Had to give up on the trail shoes - out of everything I could find when we were in Appleton & Oshkosh Wisconsin, nothing worked better for me than my Salomon Speedcross. They fit really nice in the heel, and the toe box is just roomy enough for me (I'd rather it were slightly wider, but it works with minimal blisters)

I did find road shoes that worked. Nike Air Zoom Structure and Brooks Adrenaline. It was a tough decision, but I went with the Nikes (and Nikes generally don't work for me).

It was the next day when I crashed out on my trail run - have been on crutches ever since, so have not actually run in them
    Last edited by Skierchickie2; 06-30-2016 at 02:47 AM.