Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thinking about taking the plunge

To disable ads, please log-in.

Does anyone have any ideas on where people sell used 'cross bikes? There are hardly any on eBay or craigslist. (I know that roadies use sites like roadbikereview.com, etc.)

Centennial, CO
    I was just in Performace at lunch today, and they had some nice looking cross bikes for less than $1000 - I don't race (yet... ) but I have a 2009 Fuji Cross Comp that I love and ride to death. It's gotten excellent reviews from what I've found, but not being a racer I can't comment on the integrity of the bike in a race situation. I ride pretty hard, and beat the hell out of it, on road and off - I ride it everywhere except where I'd need a mountain bike, and from the races I've been to, well, I've taken it in those same conditions.
    I guess it comes down to budget. I've seen lots of cross bikes for a lot more money. They had the new Cross Comps, and two or three other models that I can't recall the name of right now - they were all right around $900-$1000. I picked up my 2009 at a closeout sale for $800. I have to agree with you - I very rarely see them on craigslist.......
    Jenn K
    Centennial, CO
    Love my Fuji!