Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Hybrid View

Had the "ordinary" flu one year, got it in the first week of December.

It was MARCH before all the secondary crap cleared out completely. MOST of that time I spent doing next to nothing.

I get a flu shot every winter since then. Don't want any of it ever again!

I don't know from the swine flu, don't want to find out first hand about it. If they ever get around to letting healthy middle aged women get the darned thing, I'll get the shot.

Karen in Boise

I guess I regretted getting them because of listening to the "no-shot" arguments and the very rare but scary side effects (mainly of that poor girl who's not normal unless she runs or walks backwards).

I won't know if I would have gotten it or not, but you guys are right that I would have regretted NOT getting the shot if I did end up getting the H1N1.

But it's all water under the bridge, whether I got it or not so I should just focus on other things!

Hope your grandson's going to have a speedy recovery, Karen!

Dogmama - That sounds horrible. I hope you feel better soon...

The shot is available to only those in high-risk groups (at work, where I get my flu shots--they are free, well, not free but free to employees ). If they get enough to vaccinate the rest of us, I'm seriously reconsidering and thinking about getting it.

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    I guess I regretted getting them because of listening to the "no-shot" arguments and the very rare but scary side effects (mainly of that poor girl who's not normal unless she runs or walks backwards).
    There definitely are rare side effects (Gilliaume Barr), but what happened to that girl very likely has nothing to do with the flu shot..... yeah her symptoms may have developed around the time of the vaccination, but that does not mean the the two had any correlation.....
    "Sharing the road means getting along, not getting ahead" - 1994 Washington State Driver's Guide

visit my flickr stream http://flic.kr/ps/MMu5N