Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast

Us

To disable ads, please log-in.

Bike Chick-perhaps we can have two jerseys floating around on Maidei just in case she gets a bit too sweaty or something.

SusanO-Do you mind sending the little jersey down to NZ? It'll miss the Australia tour

Quote Originally Posted by crumpincommuter View Post
    Our group has just begun to offer monthly rides at varying locations throughout the state. By capitalizing on those routes, much of CT would be mapped from CT/RI border all the way up to Western MA ( around Longmeadow)...see locations on attached....
    Awesome! You gave me an idea. Maybe getting in contact with all the LBS's doing group rides up this direction would be a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Susan Otcenas View Post
    This is a mini She Loves Hills Jersey, designed by Urlea. The vendor sent it to us. Measures 4.5 inches across (9 inches around torso) and 6 inches top to bottom.

Susan
    That's SO perfect! I hope it fits (and doesn't make her look fat hehehe).

Quote Originally Posted by crazycanuck View Post
    Bike Chick-perhaps we can have two jerseys floating around on Maidei just in case she gets a bit too sweaty or something.
    Ok, I'll get back to work. I "scrapped" the idea when I saw Susan's little jersey.

Philadelphia

When she makes her way up or down the east coast I'd be glad to host her here in Philly.
    "The bicycle is just as good company as most husbands and, when it gets old and shabby, a woman can dispose of it and get a new one without shocking the entire community." -- Ann Strong, Minneapolis Tribune, 1895

Quote Originally Posted by Bike Chick View Post
    Ok, I'll get back to work. I "scrapped" the idea when I saw Susan's little jersey.
    No, don't work what's the idea?
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    Quote Originally Posted by Trek420 View Post
    hmmmmm...has it occurred to anyone that the more stuff we accompany the doll+bike, the more it weighs. Not a big deal when cycling Maidei and her mini- bike around. But more on increasing mail costs for next person in relay tour, if a cross-the-ocean shipment is needed.

(It's enough for some of us to mail Christmas gifts to different other family members.)

TE jersey can be cleaned and air-dried since it has wicking material, if it gets grungy.

Crazycanuck suggested postcards earlier from each of our local locations. I prefer to send my postcard direct to Susan O. to thank her for her ongoing support of our endeavour. She'll get those postcards and our thx ..sooner!
    Last edited by shootingstar; 11-03-2009 at 06:02 AM.
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.

Auckland...Honolulu... now San Diego.... where next ?!?
    SusanO-Do you mind sending the little jersey down to NZ? It'll miss the Australia tour[/QUOTE]

Can be sent down to me if it misses the Ozzie tour ?
    People do not decide to become extraordinary. They decide to accomplish extraordinary things - Sir Edmund Hillary

Where is our little Mailei now?

Quote Originally Posted by lph View Post
    hee-hee. We could have a bike light relay, sorta like the Olympic torch only blinking

I mean you could, while us out here in the boondocks watch. I guess Duck could conceivably be handed the relay thingie on one of her trips to the US, but I'm not expecting her to bike the 540 km way down here to me with it.
    Hmmm. Yeah. 540 is a bit much for me. The worst bit is the first 100 or so up the mountain, with hardly even a recovery roller to catch your breath on. Don't think I could do that, although I might be able to do Gudbrandsdalen from Hjerkinn down as a week's holiday. Also I do have a Bike Friday. I could assemble it out at Gardermoen airport and meet you in Lillestrøm for a mini-relay. If we get it timed right, we could relay back to the airport again and I could deliver it from there to the UK-E to start up a little "TE Tour de Britain"
    Half-marathon over. Sabbatical year over. It's back to "sacking shirt and oat cakes" as they say here.

Count me in for a Welsh leg of a British tour. I'm sure I could manage to meet up with some other British TE'er somewhere.......

I'll help the Atlanta leg. Sorry so late to the thread - just finished my 4th Breast Cancer 3-Day (on the bicycle Route Safety crews) --- it was a busy season!

Whatever we need - and I'm doing some long distance rides and travelling to north FL, and South Fl for a hand off if needed.
    For 3 days, I get to part of a thousand other journeys.

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    Quote Originally Posted by Duck on Wheels View Post
    Hmmm. Yeah. 540 is a bit much for me. The worst bit is the first 100 or so up the mountain, with hardly even a recovery roller to catch your breath on. Don't think I could do that, although I might be able to do Gudbrandsdalen from Hjerkinn down as a week's holiday. Also I do have a Bike Friday. I could assemble it out at Gardermoen airport and meet you in Lillestrøm for a mini-relay. If we get it timed right, we could relay back to the airport again and I could deliver it from there to the UK-E to start up a little "TE Tour de Britain"
    Duck on Wheels, for those who live in countries that have hardly any TE members and are far from the next TE cyclist, plus life priorities and personal schedule barriers, occasionally a TE member could mail Maidei doll and her mini-bike, to the next TE cyclist. (Hopefully border customs authorities won't delay her journey. Probably less of a problem in EU countries?)

We hope though at least, Maidei gets a little bike tour around your area for a pic or 2, for us to all see.
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Trek420 View Post
    The idea was to make Maidei a custom, handmade jersey with team estrogen embroidered on the front and her name on the back.....and maybe a little pair of black lycra bike shorts to go with it. It wouldn't look near as nice as the jersey Susan came up with so I "scrapped" the idea.

closet

I thought that having two jerseys would be cute. All women need to have at least a few in their collection.

Staceysue-Ms Maidei is awaiting her next jaunt to Trekhawk's house..Tis a wee bit hot n muggy to do dirt time today so she'll possibly meet T-hawk tomorrow.