Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

I'm registered for the 55 mile route.

Bummer Jo, but I totally understand!! Kim - what time are you planning on getting there?
    Christine
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Cycle! It's Good for the Wattle; it's good for the can!

Mmm, probably about 8. Will I finally get to meet the perverted 60 year old man who goes by the name andtckrtoo?

I want pictures!

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl

My boss might be coming, too. That would be fun - he's a good guy.
    Christine
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Is he 60, and, um, perverted?

He's 48, I think, and tall and slim. He's also married to a fantastic lady. Does like beer though. Although Tour for Woodside has no beer.
    Christine

This ride kicked my butt! I finished but man was I exhausted when I was done. Holy cow!! It was HOT, and I was not feeling 100% and I have not been training the way I should have been. I was never so happy to see a high school in my life!
    Christine

Heh, I'm still waiting to find out if Kim can verify your existence.

You have my sympathies! It was really hot & muggy in the East Bay yesterday, and I figured it probably wasn't all that much cooler on the peninsula. Ack!

So, very well done, especially under the circumstances.

I never met up with Kim! I had to be back by 12:30, so I got there at 7:15 and started by 7:30. So, I remain the perverted old man with the beer belly... *sigh*

The next group ride, I'm totally there.
    Christine

After hearing your report and another report from a friend who did the 100 miler, I am impressed!

I wanted to do a beach trip with my SO. We went to Mc Clure's beach (Pt Reyes) and enjoyed the waves, children playing, and the birds. On the way out we saw plenty of cyclists suffering through the heat (think Nicasio and Lucas Valley). I was glad I had ridden earlier in my area before it got so nasty.

We've had an up and down summer this year- hot a coule of days and then back to cool. Hard to do heat training in that kind of environment. On the other hand, I"ve enjoyed the cool days for hard rides.

Let's see what AKA Kim has to say!
    Nancy

I have exactly the same ride report as andtckrtoo, except that I started 30 minutes later. It kicked my butt, it was friggin' hot, and I didn't meet her! The Kings Mountain climb was nice, but the ending 20 mile loop on Alpine was just miserable. And to top it off, no veggie option at the post-ride meal -- I was told I should just have more salad.

Quote Originally Posted by andtckrtoo View Post
    I never met up with Kim! I had to be back by 12:30, so I got there at 7:15 and started by 7:30. So, I remain the perverted old man with the beer belly... *sigh*
    snort!!!

Oh Kim - wasn't the Alpine loop miserable? I usually love the loop - I ride it all the time, but Alpine seemed to be steeper than Kings Mountain Road, but without cover. I think my biggest beef with Alpine road is that it's a false flat. It looks as if you should be zipping along, but man, you're pushing to keep it at slow speed. Fortunately Portola Valley Road is a little shaded and offered SOME relief.
    Christine

Quote Originally Posted by aka_kim View Post
    I was told I should just have more salad.
    OK, this sucks. You should complain loudly to the organizers.