Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "That was Easy"

"That was Easy"

To disable ads, please log-in.

Tucker Cat loves stepping on that stupid Staples button.

You'd think it would freak him out, but he just paws at it after he steps on it.

Veronica
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

Ahem.

These threads are worthless without pictures.

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl

Yes, I know, but then everyone would see how badly I need to dust.

Veronica

TandemHearts.com

Um, we're cyclists. We have more important things to worry about than dust. As long as the dust is not on your bike, we're fine. I agree, we need pics.
    Christine
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Cycle! It's Good for the Wattle; it's good for the can!

Yes, yes...pictures WITH dust! It'll make me feel better. Besides, you can't possibly have as much dust as we do with two dogs and a big ole dry field across the street from us, right?
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

We won't talk about how thick the dust was on my tall dresser. The one with the knickknacks on it, not the one with stuff that gets moved around.

And what do you need to feel better about, what did you harvest today? Or make with goat's milk, or cook with your fresh eggs? It's okay to have dust when you're running a farm.

Me, I harvested my butt in a chair reading a book.

It's funny how there are some chores, neither of us ever wants to do. The laundry, the dishes, emptying the trash, doing the kitty box, changing the sheets all get done faithfully by me. Thom takes care of the bathrooms, vacuuming and washing the wood floors.

But the kitchen floor and dusting... those get done when we can't stand them anymore or when company's coming.

Veronica
    Last edited by Veronica; 07-09-2009 at 03:35 PM.

TandemHearts.com

Wow, your household division of labor is very similiar to ours!

And yeah, we dust and clean dog nose prints off windows (and pick up the massive piles of half read books all over the place) when company is coming. We haven't had company in 6 months. Ick.

You two are making me feel so much better.

I keep waiting for the day that my bay window is so dirty that birds no longer fly into it.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

The agreement for me to get Tortilla-kitty was DH will not scoop poop. I hate to vacuum, neither of us likes to do dishes. But dusting, jeez that takes the cake. We have these STUPID glass coffee/end tables that are never clean enough. And don't get me started on the dang glass china hutch I inherited when my Nanny moved to assisted living, it is a dust magnet! It is like you clean and then stuff never looks clean. I will just go ride my bike.
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

dust bunnies they multiply right in front of your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by OakLeaf View Post
    I keep waiting for the day that my bay window is so dirty that birds no longer fly into it.
    Now that's an excuse that I can live with!

I just try to avoid the front room (where the glass coffee table is) when the sun is setting - that's when all the dust is most apparent.

Tucker likes it when I pull dust bunnies under from under the dresser as I'm rescuing his toys. Sometimes I think he's rather play with the dust bunnies.

Veronica

TandemHearts.com

In my house, we call them dust 'buffalos'. With all the dog hair, they are too big to be bunnies!

My shepherd mix has been shedding a Toto-sized ball of fur every 24 hours. It's really very alarming when you see she still hasn't shed all her winter fur yet.

You gals are making me feel better about my house. I still haven't scrubbed out the woodstove. I've swept it, but remains of the ashes from the last spring fire are still in there - and the glass is just awful. What's hard for me is I live in a small town - and just when I least expect it, and I have clutter everywhere, is when someone unexpectedly drops by. I'm starting to understand why old houses had formal sitting rooms: company-specific spaces to usher those drop-ins into, and keep them from seeing how you REALLY live!

Quote Originally Posted by smilingcat View Post
    dust bunnies they multiply right in front of your eyes.