Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thumbs up The Porcupine Rim Adventure

To disable ads, please log-in.

So I went to Moab and had a huge day of riding. I ended up having quite a fall towards the end of the day. I was tired and we'd been riding about 37 miles. We were on a very technical bit of trail and...well, I fell off an eight foot ledge. Thanks to some good luck I was fine.

Anyway I broke my Jimi wallet. What I really wanted to say here is how great the folks at Jimi are, they sent me a new wallet and a back-up. They used my story and photos at Jimi Nation. You can get the whole adventure story here.

By the way, Jimis are available for sale here on the TE site incase you're interested.
    Living life like there's no tomorrow.

http://gorgebikefitter.com/

2007 Look Dura Ace
    2010 Custom Tonic cross with discs, SRAM
    2012 Moots YBB 2 x 10 Shimano XTR
    2014 Soma B-Side SS

Exclamation Holy Smokes!!

WOW!! Ok, I have never ridden porcupine rim, but running son and hubby have. Running son enjoyed the story and pics, and he said to tell you "good thing you didnt fall off of jackass canyon"... whatever that means??
    Anyway, glad to hear you are ok! Too bad I didn't know you were going to Moab. Right about now I could use an excuse to head that way!
    As for the hydration pack, is that a camelbak?? And if so, have you replaced the bladder yet? If not. PM me!
    Hope the soft tissue damage is minimal!
    WOW WOW WOW... AND OWWWWWWW!

The hydration pack was a Deuter (sp??) and actually survived and is still functional. They have an interesting closure system that actually works really well and in this case let the water and pressure out without damage to the bladder or closure. But thanks for asking.

The fall was actually back in November. I was just slow contacting Jimi Wallets and it was really the PR stuff that spurred me to post this.

I actually feel bad... I was in AZ and didn't make it to your shop. But guess what!! I'm coming for IMAZ next year.
    Living life like there's no tomorrow.

http://gorgebikefitter.com/

2007 Look Dura Ace
    2010 Custom Tonic cross with discs, SRAM
    2012 Moots YBB 2 x 10 Shimano XTR
    2014 Soma B-Side SS

I LOVE my Jimi! I kind of overstuff him, and I really didn't expect it to last this long, but Jimi's been around for well over a year. I don't use a purse - I just carry my keys, phone and Jimi with me, so he gets a little more abuse than he would in a bag, but he's still works just fine.
    For 3 days, I get to part of a thousand other journeys.