Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by SadieKate View Post
    Good lord. Rename your dept: The Walking Wounded.

TGIF.
    Yeah really. Poo brain wasn't wearing a helmet either! His wife is giving him hell on a regular basis for that; I told him I was on her side.

I've got a call in to my doc, hopefully I'll hear from him on Monday.

Have a restful weekend.

It sounds like you work with some really nasty people. They need some empathy training.

Veronica
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

Sorry you had to go through this. Hell is other people. Sounds like your workplace is a doozy.

How many more days til you can retire?

Quote Originally Posted by mickchick View Post
    How many more days til you can retire?
    1 year + 1 month. Not that I'm counting or anything......

((((Snap)))) Of course, in theory you KNEW you'd have to rebuild strength slowly and patiently, right? In theory, you knew you start by lifting just a handfull of papers at a time, only gradually working your way up to a ream, not to mention a whole box. And that you should be taking stretch breaks from your deskwork. Nobody, not even people who HAVEN'T been through neck surgery, should be sitting at their computer all day without taking several stretch breaks. So ... you build up slowly and by the time you're back at full speed, you can enjoy that retirement in good health. Consider work like a 1-year training studio program to build back your health for all that biking fun once you've retired.
    Half-marathon over. Sabbatical year over. It's back to "sacking shirt and oat cakes" as they say here.

Geeze Snap, what are we going to do with you?? So it's been a week, how are you THIS week? What did the doctor say?

Or, since tomorrow is Friday the 13th are you hiding under a rock somewhere eating theraputic icecream?
    Beth

Still exhausted, but my assistant was back this week -- no heavy lifting. I called my doctor but he never got back to me. I shall rip him a new one on my next appointment.

Not working tomorrow, all kinds of appointments so I took the day off.

(((((Snap))))))

I just saw this. I've been away.

I would second the gradual return to work schedule and watch out for any lifting and reaching, especially overhead!!

Tell the silly people that they basically surgically fractured your neck to relieve nerve pressure. That's what a decompression is if they have to do anything with the bone (correct me if I'm wrong but I thought they had to do some boney decomp and a fusion maybe in your case). That should give them some perspective.
    Living life like there's no tomorrow.

http://gorgebikefitter.com/

2007 Look Dura Ace
    2010 Custom Tonic cross with discs, SRAM
    2012 Moots YBB 2 x 10 Shimano XTR
    2014 Soma B-Side SS

Wahine! Hey stranger! Good to hear from you!

I've decided to go with my gut, if I don't think I should do something, I won't. If it causes problems, well, I have a neurosurgeon and now an orthopedic surgeon to back me up.