Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Hi Honey

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by OakLeaf View Post
    Now, a lumbar fusion or an artificial hip might be harder to isolate to TSA's satisfaction...
    ..unless you're Joe the Plumber.
    To train a dog, you must be more interesting than dirt.

Trek Project One
    Trek FX 7.4 Hybrid

Yup, the doc went through my throat. The scar isn't too bad, we'll see how it looks in a month or so. So far all I get is the stink-eye when I mention riding, so Bleu remains in mothballs for now. Dr B knows what my goals are, so I'm sure he'll tell me when I can start riding. Maybe after PT?

I get mildly panicky when I feel any kind of twinge/tingle in my arms or hands. I have to remind myself it's only been ~3 weeks, and Dr B said it may take time for all the symptoms to go away.

I drove myself to the bank yesterday, in my collar. NEVER AGAIN. It was too scary, I'll walk next time. The bank, drug store, SBux and the bus are all within 1/2 a mile, so there is no reason not to walk, now that I'm an endurance walker

My PT told me when I could ride & mapped out a plan. I got really lucky because my PT is a cyclist. The plan was like 30 minutes, skip a day, 40 minutes, skip a day, etc.

Regarding tingling, etc., it was a good nine months before I felt normal. I freaked out too. My spine doc kept telling me that nerves take a LONG TIME to heal. Patience is a virtue - for somebody else.

Driving - OMG - it was over two months because I couldn't move my head quickly enough. I had to drive on a college campus though and crosswalks are mere suggestions to those kids. DH drove me to & from work.

What is Sbux?

Trek Project One
    Trek FX 7.4 Hybrid

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmama View Post
    What is Sbux?
    AKA *$
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmama View Post
    What is Sbux?
    Starbucks

I must learn this patience thing. Right after surgery I was crowing about how nothing hurt, I felt great. Well yeah, I was pumped up with painkillers. Oops. I still feel a whole lot better than before surgery, especially my wrists. They used to feel like I had hot barbed wire wrapped around them.

I want a massage.

Its been a while since I have written. I am glad things are slowly getting better for you. Even if that means a slight reduction of the pain killers. Its still progress. I subluxed one of my shoulders a few years ago. Many months to perhaps years afterward, I would get these sudden electrical shocks all over my shoulder, up my neck, and other places that I can not remember. They did finally stop which was quite a relief. Unfortunately they do take a while to heal.

Good luck with everything.

Red Rock

Quote Originally Posted by snapdragen View Post
    Starbucks
    Hee hee, I remember when a certain riding buddy of mine would nary darken the door of said establishment.

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl

Quote Originally Posted by jobob View Post
    Hee hee, I remember when a certain riding buddy of mine would nary darken the door of said establishment.
    Yeah....well, it's on the way to work.

Snap-I'm so happy to hear that you are doing well. I have found that being outside is good for the soul, so keep it up, girl! You are lucky that we've had such nice weather. Even though we can't ride, at least we can walk!

Let us know when you are up for some company. I'm almost at the point where I can drive, so a trip down your way would be a pleasant adventure. Maybe we could have a little TE get together someplace near you. We could even do a neighborhood walk together. And, of course, food after.
    Nancy

pain killers

Yup, it's a bummer when we have to face reality - that we aren't superwoman & don't have magical healing powers.

I remember sitting in my living room in a percoset daze - thinking that I had a chemical imbalance in my brain - a percoset deficiency. Got off of those little pills real quick-like!

I finally quit obsessing about every little twinge just about the time I went back to work. Funny how life is like that. 15 faculty-types hanging over my desk whining tends to divert your attention. Anyway, one day I realized that I hadn't felt a twinge, tingle or numbness in about a week. Yahoo!

Trek Project One
    Trek FX 7.4 Hybrid