Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 30 of 37 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031323334 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hi bambu -

I've modified the plan to add in more carbs.

Nowadays I'm simply eating better, that is, more veggies and lean meats, high-fiber carbs (steel-cut oatmeal most mornings, rarely any bread or potatoes, haven't had pasta in ages). I 'cheat' a lot more than I should, with the occasional beers and such, which is probably why I haven't lost much lately, but I've cut way down on the between meal snacking so that should help some.

One thing that helps me a lot when I get the munchies are those lowfat part-skim mozzarella cheese sticks. They're only 70-80 calories per and very satisfying.

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl

ARgh, still the same as last week, 147.5. But it goes up and down. For example, the heaviest I have been this week is 150, the lightest is 146. What is up with that??? It bugs me!

The most inhospitable place to ride in Tennessee
    200 here.

Sorry I'm late GLC... back to 140 for me ...
    ----------------------------------------------------
    "I never made "Who's Who"- but sure as hell I made "What's That??..."

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    Quote Originally Posted by han-grrl View Post
    101 lbs this morning...
    Hey, han-grrl..I'm like you...I just work at maintaining. That also requires effort and some attention. I just weighed myself now, just above 97 lbs. But in winter I was 5 lbs. heavier and that was not just water retention.

I've never posted to this thread before and don't plan to visit on this thread much but there is probably a whole little group of us that just work to maintain.

What's probably keeping my appetite at bay ...is all the wonderful fresh local fruit right now.

I'm late, too. Maybe I was hoping another day or two would change something! 167 yet again.
    J
    Everyone Deserves a Lifetime

UGH, 175.6 for me. I've got to get myself out of the depression rut I'm in, it leads to me eating without thinking and lounging around doing nothing. I did ride 30 miles on Saturday, mainly to go get meds for my dying cat (yeah, that isn't helping the depression thing very much). Now, why didn't I get back out and do something on Sunday, nope, just laid around all day again.
    You too can help me fight cancer, and get a lovely cookbook for your very own! My team's cookbook is for sale Click here to order. Proceeds go to our team's fundraising for the Philly Livestrong Challenge!

188 this week for me

71.3 miles. Finally, back to 'normal'!

I only eat what I can bike home with me. That seems to work...

I've been out of town all weekend on a bike trip, but I did weigh myself Friday - 131, down 1/2 pound.

Even though I rode 103 miles over the three days, I also did a lot of eating, thanks to wonderful rest stops and nice dinners, so it'll be interesting to see what my next weigh-in is.

Hey all!

My weigh in for this week was 163.5 - so my little bump up last week was only temporary. Thank goodness! I did get in one commute last week - so my miles were at 40 for the week. I hope to do two commutes this week.

Congratulations to Mr SR500, martinkap and mydisneydollars for all making their goal weights last week!!! That's fanstastic work, you three!

And lets all give a little push to BikerJo and tctrek who are very close to making their own goals. Almost there!!

Here's the updated chart:

Quote Originally Posted by bambu101 View Post
    Just curious about how all you South Beachers are doing, especially after weeks following the program? Do you get bored or crave bread or miss fruit? Or are you modifying the plan to add in more carbs, etc.
    After only one week in strict phase 1, I started adding back in grains and fruits (phase 2). I've had two weeks of not-so-good eating, but when I'm on track, I do eat fruit, some whole grain breads/pita, and oats. Like Jobob, I still avoid pasta and I rarely eat sugar anymore. Even when I'm not sneaking in dark chocolate covered almonds , I really don't feel like I'm missing out much when eating this way.
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

awesome chart thanks!
    "The greater the obstacle, the more glory in overcoming it."-Moliere

"Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time." -Thomas A. Edison

Shorty's Adventure - Blog

can I use today's weight!?

It is Thursday and I think this will be my best weight! I made it below 118!!! Actually 117.8. I would LOVE to use today's weight. That being said I'll be a good girl and weigh again tomorrow to "confirm" (hopefully) that I have broke the boundary!
    Been trying to be really good. IT is soooooo hard!
    Hope everyone else is having a good week. I'll be back in the AM tomorrow for the official number!
    katluvr

118.8 must be my normal friday weight.
    It is never too late to be what you might have been. ~ George Elliot

My podcast about being a rookie triathlete:Kelownagurl Tris Podcast

I was on travel for the past week and a half, so was unable to weigh myself for the Friday, August 8 report. So that there's no blank spot on the chart for that date, I'll say there was no change in my weight from the previous week. Am hoping for a downward change tomorrow morning.

August 8: No change

Weighing in early as I am going to be out of town. Weight up to 149 I have tried so hard, nothing seems to work. Maybe my body just likes this weight.