Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: I am a mother!!

Hybrid View

I am a mother!!

Well, sort of ! Our Weimaraner had 10 puppies on the 7th of June. I have wanted to post pictures of the babies sooner, but our monitor gave up the ghost a day or two before they were born.

Here is the link to a bazillion pictures of the babies..........
    http://s279.photobucket.com/albums/kk122/Ugly_mugs/

They were born on a Saturday while I was out riding my first century. I left home with 2 dogs and came home to 12! If you want to read about my first century adventure, here ya go (post #52): http://forums.teamestrogen.com/showthread.php?t=20651

This is a little smoochie preview:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Puppy 1.jpg 
Views:	349 
Size:	118.7 KB 
ID:	6280  

Aww how darned cute!! My heart melts! Congratulations on your new furbabies Technically, you are a grandmother.
    "She who succeeds in gaining the master of the bicycle will gain the mastery of life." -Frances E. Willard
    My Cycling Blog | Requisite Bike Pics | Join the Team Estrogen group at Velog.com

So cute!! 10 seems like a LOT! How many are you keeping?
    Sarah

When it's easy, ride hard; when it's hard, ride easy.

2011 Volagi Liscio
    2010 Pegoretti Love #3 "Manovelo"
    2011 Mercian Vincitore Special
    2003 Eddy Merckx Team SC - stolen
    2001 Colnago Ovalmaster Stars and Stripes

They are cute!

Wow, 10...soon to be lots of pitter patter around the house...They are adorable...

Quote Originally Posted by F8th637 View Post
    Technically, you are a grandmother.
    When we had dogs, my mother said she was their grandb!tch. What cuties!
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

OMG - cute overload! It so makes me wish our dogs weren't fixed...I love puppies! (I grew up with them...my mom bred Goldens).

What are your plans for them? I've always coveted a Weimaraner!
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

Oh my! How adorable are they?!?! How does mom feed them all!

Way too cute. Thanks for the pics!! What are your plans for them?

SO CUTE! Thanks for sharing.

For now we are just enjoying the pups. The kids (our three and the four full time neighborhood kids that call me foster mom) will sit with them for hours at a time and hold them. It has been a great experience for all of us. They smell so good and they are so soft. The mother dog, Roxie, is so patient and good with the kids and loves to have them come visit the puppies. This is my first experience with having a mother dog and puppies. I am excited to sell (when do you use sale/sell, English majors??) the dogs because I have been so impressed with the mother dog. She is the best dog I have ever owned.

As far as feeding them, I am amazed at how a hungry pup can find it's way to the food supply, even if it means moving the others out of the way!

Oh, and we have 7 females and 3 males.

Gorgeous!!
    The most effective way to do it, is to do it.
    Amelia Earhart

2005 Trek 5000 road/Avocet 02 40W
    2006 Colnago C50 road/SSM Atola
    2005 SC Juliana SL mtb/WTB Laser V

oooo so cute and adorable. I want to come over and join the kids too. And mom sure has her hands full with 10 puppies. It was hard enough keeping track of 6 foster kittens at once.

You're going to be doing a headcount before you leave the house.

And have you painted the toenails of each puppy so you can tell them apart? Paint different toe nail and use different color of nail polish. (paint only one toe nail per puppy)

As far as selling them, would you consider having them spayed/neutered first? And do get their innoculations before selling them. I would imagine you want to keep the puppies with their mom for about 9 weeks before separating them.

smilingcat

Quote Originally Posted by smilingcat View Post
    oooo so cute and adorable. I want to come over and join the kids too. And mom sure has her hands full with 10 puppies. It was hard enough keeping track of 6 foster kittens at once.

You're going to be doing a headcount before you leave the house.

And have you painted the toenails of each puppy so you can tell them apart? Paint different toe nail and use different color of nail polish. (paint only one toe nail per puppy)

As far as selling them, would you consider having them spayed/neutered first? And do get their innoculations before selling them. I would imagine you want to keep the puppies with their mom for about 9 weeks before separating them.

smilingcat

We have different plans for different puppies, depending on whose home they will be going to. For certain they will all get their shots and get wormed. One thing that I want to make certain of is that they don't end up in the pound. I'd rather have them back and train them and then find a new home for them after the training.

I like the toenail polish idea - I was thinking about getting them little collars, but the polish would be fun for my girls, too.

Did you have to feed the foster kittens? I once had a cat who abandoned her litter after they were about three weeks old. We had to feed them around the clock for about two weeks.