Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Dangit! We'll have to organize another TE gathering later this spring or summer. We'll miss you!

Quote Originally Posted by snapdragen
    Dangit! We'll have to organize another TE gathering later this spring or summer. We'll miss you!
    Superb idea! Can we plan it somewhere halfway between San Jose and Placerville? I know, I know! Let's all go to the Napa Valley for a ride and a sleepover! That too ambitious?

Quote Originally Posted by SadieKate
    I know, I know! Let's all go to the Napa Valley for a ride and a sleepover! That too ambitious?
    Oooh, good idea! The Tour of Napa Valley in August would be fun.

Hmm, August 21, 2005. That's a possibility. I like this ride.

http://www.eaglecyclingclub.org/tour.htm

brilliant idea !

It's on my calendar

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl

Hey, I 've got the route sheet for the Napa Metric and the Napa Century. I think we should do this BEFORE it gets too hot! The ride last year (in August) was in 95-100 degree weather and I almost wilted on the vine (no pun intended here).

Get those reservations in! Oh, by the way, Benicia is a short distance away from Napa so if you can't get in up there, we've got lodging here and yummy food! AND we could do something at my place afterwards (I have a place close to the water in Benicia. We even have a pool!)

Afterwards we can eat at the Red Hen- a great Mexican Restaurant! I'm getting hungry already

Quote Originally Posted by nancy lund
    Hey, I 've got the route sheet for the Napa Metric and the Napa Century. I think we should do this BEFORE it gets too hot! The ride last year (in August) was in 95-100 degree weather and I almost wilted on the vine (no pun intended here).
    Good idea. I love this ride (and it's on my calendar too), but it does get hot.

Quote Originally Posted by aka_kim
    Good idea. I love this ride (and it's on my calendar too), but it does get hot.

Poor Bubba. Last year we did 2 organized rides, the Chico Wildflower and the Tour de Napa. I ended up ditching him both times because he had to ride so slowly with the heat and he kept stopping to "drain" his helmet pads. If the weather is unseasonably hot this weekend, he'll never let me pick a ride again.

Poor Bubba! Why are you ditching such a nice guy? It's supposed to be about 70 this Saturday, so *should* be pleasant. Keep fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by slinkedog
    I have bad news. I am not going to be able to make it to the dinner on Friday night. Blaine has a late afternoon board meeting at work and won't be able to come home early to watch the kidlets. I'm SO sorry and way bummed!
    Bummer! I will miss you. Let's get together again soon. Maybe after the girls meet on Friday, we can plan future get-togethers............
    Cheers!

Cindy

Team Luna Chix

That sounds great! I think I'm going to have to go solo tomorrow... can't find anyone to ride with me as everyone is at the Cindy!!! I'm still a little nervous to ride alone, but I'm sure it will be fine and a confidence booster.

You can do it! I make sure Thom knows the route I'm going to ride before I go out. If I change it, I call him and leave a message. I did 67 miles by myself on Wed. and I had to carry all my food and water since I was out in the boonies with no stores. You CAN do it. Just takes a little planning.

V.
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

Quote Originally Posted by slinkedog
    That sounds great! I think I'm going to have to go solo tomorrow... can't find anyone to ride with me as everyone is at the Cindy!!! I'm still a little nervous to ride alone, but I'm sure it will be fine and a confidence booster.
    If it helps any, I do all my riding alone.....and hiking....and Harley riding! I just make sure I carry a cell phone with me and my friends and family have each others phone numbers. and like V said, Someone here in Abq knows the general routes I'm on when I ride or hike so if I don't show up somewhere, they have an idea where to look. Oh...and carry ID of some type. There is a real serenity in doing something alone - makes me feel closer to God and myself. I solve all the worlds problems and have such a sense of contentment when I get back home. Go for it slinke.....I think you'll enjoy it.

Although Snow has offered to teach me to MTB - so I may have a riding companion soon!!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

Hey V -

I know you aren't riding the cinderella tomorrow but I think there is room for one more at the dinner tonight (Janet???) - will you still be in town?
    Cheers!

Cindy

Team Luna Chix

See everyone tonight. :)

I've got my hubby's car, so I'll see everyone tonight. Just look for the tall asian that looks very american indian. :P I'm also wearing a white T-shirt that says "I am cute"

Mel