Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Question So what's in your bottle?

To disable ads, please log-in.

We know what's in your pack, but what's in your bottle?

I like Cytomax Tropical Fruit with a splash of Crystal Light Pink Lemonade. We've converted many people to our tart and refreshing cocktail. Goes down good in the summer!

We just bought a can of the new Cytomax Pink Lemonade flavor but haven't tried it yet.

Somebody (CorsairMac?) suggested Emergen-C awhile back. It has lots of good vitamins & other stuff. I've been using that and I really like it! It gives me a bit of a lift, but doesn't send me crashing down. I use it for spin classes, short rides and when I lift weights.

For really long rides, I'll combine Cytomax with some vanilla protein powder. The protein powder evens out the Cytomax. There has been some recent research that protein helps both endurance and recovery.
    To train a dog, you must be more interesting than dirt.

Trek Project One
    Trek FX 7.4 Hybrid

1 Gatorade, 1 H2O
    no regrets!

My ride: 2003 Specialized Allez Comp - zebra (men's 52cm), Speedplay X5 pedals, Koobi Au Enduro saddle

Spazzdog Ink Gallery
    http://www.printroom.com/pro/gratcliff

Gatorade lemon lime flavor - premixed.

On long rides I'll bring along a Red Bull (or two.) I've had good luck freezing them. I've only had 3 or so blow up in the freezer.

V.
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

Quote Originally Posted by Veronica
    I've only had 3 or so blow up in the freezer.
    I'm not going anywhere near your freezer -not without a bomb squad!

Blow up is really a misnomer. They actually just kind of ooze out of the can. A mess to clean up, but a small price to pay to have a cold Red Bull in the middle of a long ride on a hot day.

V.

TandemHearts.com

If I'm not on a long tour, then I usually have one bottle of water and one bottle of Gatorade on my bike - favorite flavors are Strawberry Kiwi, or Gatorade Ice Strawberry or Watermelon.

If I'm on a tour, or even on a long day ride, then I wear a Camelbak filled with water and carry 2 bottles of Gatorade on the bike. And if I'm touring in an area where there is little or no access to water or stores, then I usually throw a couple of extra bottles of both water and Gatorade in my trailer or panniers, whichever I happen to be using. Running out of liquid on a long ride is definitely a bad idea!
    www.denisegoldberg.com

• Click here for links to journals and photo galleries from my travels on two wheels and two feet.
    • Random thoughts and experiences in my blog at denisegoldberg.blogspot.com

"To truly find yourself you should play hide and seek alone."
    (quote courtesy of an unknown fortune cookie writer)

For a ride in the heat and over two hours, the bottle is Gatorade with lots of ice, which melts and becomes about a 50/50 solution. For shorter rides, just water. Some places we mountain bike, I carry an extra water bottle for emergencies-mine or anyone in need.

For anything over 25 miles, I'll wear my hydration pack. Otherwise I don't drink enough. I keep diluted Gatorade in my Polar bottle, it's the only think my stomach can handle.

If I'm on a long day ride, or it's hot I wear a Camelbak filled with water and 2 bottles of Gatorade on the bike. Very hot and or long ride I'll put an extra water bottle in a rear jersey pocket to refill the camelbak. I like Cytomax but Gatorade is less expensive and works, any flavor that matches my jersey...I spill a lot.
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

Just water - only ride for an hour or two at a time and I don't like a lot of sports drinks, especially that "sports water" stuff (tastse like water with vinegar in it to me). Not a big fan of the windolene-blue flavour either, which is a shame because I usually wear a blue top when out for a bike ride.

I usually carry one bottle of water and one bottle of a sports drink. I used to mainly drink gatorade although I've recently started drinking the Powerbar Endurance drink.

I've been thinking about trying Sustained Energy. In general I prefer to drink my calories rather than eat them.

V.

TandemHearts.com

Alacar (read Emergen-C) makes a replacement drink called Electro-Lyte which is sugar-free, mixes with water, has a very light taste and is very easy on the stomache. I either carry 2 bottles of that or put that in a CamelBack. Depends on what I'm doing and what the temp is that day!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

one camelbak bladder with water, one camelbak bladder with very lightly mixed (about 1/3 strength) lemon lime gatorade (I'm not very fond of the orange mix and the blue, although great in the bottle is nasty in the mix!!). on every mountain bike ride - varying degrees of fullness depending on ride length. on the road bike, it's one bottle of each.
    varieties of sports drink mixes out here in the stix are limited, but my lbs can get cytomax, so I'm thinking of giving that a try. based on the above fuss-***-ness of flavours, can you recommend which flavour I should look for?
    oh, yeah, and I tried accelerade once instead of gatorade. wow! was that ever bad!!

namaste,
    ~T~