Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 374 of 495 FirstFirst ... 274324364370371372373374375376377378384424474 ... LastLast
Results 5,596 to 5,610 of 7422

Thread: Dear So and So

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by bmccasland View Post
    Dear Self,
    Please remember to take your asthma meds PRIOR to mowing the lawn. Your airway and lungs would appreciate it.

At least they'll get a rest before you have to do that again. Or get some sheep. Or a lawn guy.
    I vote for the sheep. Sheep's milk cheese is delicious...
    "My school is the doubt in your eyes." - Tito Mukhopadhyay

Dear Rain,
    Just stop! No deep water classes this week because of spring break and I was really planning some good bike rides to compensate and test out the stronger legs
    Sky King
    biketouringnews.com

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by alexis_the_tiny View Post
    I vote for the sheep. Sheep's milk cheese is delicious...
    as a hand spinner and hand weaver and knitter I second the motion!
    marni
    Katy, Texas
    Trek Madone 6.5- "Red"
    Trek Pilot 5.2- " Bebe"

"easily outrun by a chihuahua."

Dear Dr. Drunk, the last time some rich person in a big car killed a cyclist and ran off, they pleaded not knowing that they hit someone. Now you're pleading the same thing too? Jeez, dude, you hit TWO cyclists. And killed one. Come on. Whatever. I have no faith in the justice system here. Just for drinking and driving alone, there's a special place in afterlife for you and I'll bet it's not gonna be a pleasant one.

On a totally unrelated note...

Dear school doctor, I love you. Thank you for finally taking me seriously when I say I've had allergies pretty much ALL THE DANG TIME for the last 20 years or so. And thank you for giving me a medication I can use long term without any horrible side effects because you get it that I don't see my allergies for a few days, I see them for years. I could have done without the where I'm at risk for asthma but, well, can't blame you for that one, I blame my cruddy immune system.

Dear Body,

yah, you rock! After three weeks of sneezing and coughing and congestion and bronchitis and fever and chills and headaches and no hearing or sense of smell or taste, you pulled through, all on your own without any help from meds. Ok, so you're you're still expending blobs of bright yellow something from your breathing apparatus, and you're a little pudgy round the middle and not about to pass anyone on the daily commute for a long time yet, but dang, you whupped that virus! Proud of you

- your surprisingly patient brain
    Winter riding is much less about badassery and much more about bundle-uppery. - malkin

1995 Kona Cinder Cone commuterFrankenbike/Selle Italia SLR Lady Gel Flow
    2008 white Nakamura Summit Custom mtb/Terry Falcon X
    2000 Schwinn Fastback Comp road bike/Specialized Jett

Dear Real Estate Agents showing houses:

When you schedule an appointment on an hour's notice, we re-arrange our day and bust our butts to have the house perfect, it would be really awesome if you actually showed up. I wouldn't think you would have a conflict come up that quickly.

It would also be nice (for those of you who have come through) if you would not track so much mud that we have to mop the floors between every showing. We have inside mats and outside mats, and there's really not much mud in our yard. What gives?

While we're on the subject, feedback of "I didn't realize it only had one bathroom" or "we didn't realize it was so small" just means that you are incapable of reading. All of these things are listed on the MLS. Feedback that it should be listed for <significantly less> than it is isn't helpful either. We're squarely in the range every agent told us to list it. Since you are the only one who has made such a comment (out of many, many showings), you are clearly an outlier.

Signed,

Sick, cranky, and tired of being booted away from home and office for NO reason
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

(((Blueberry))). FWIW, I asked people to take their shoes off when viewing my house. As far as I know, they complied (it was winter and the carpeted floors were cleaned before it went on the market). I left a tray for the shoes near the front door.

The post-viewing comments are THE WORST. They always left me feeling so dejected. It takes some emotional fortitude to sell a home in this market; more than I often had.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Thanks, Indy. We've asked that people take their shoes off (including in the showing instructions), and have a shoe tray by the front door. They just aren't very good at complying. It's definitely not the norm around here.

The first few showings were bumpy because (unbeknownst to us) the housekeepers hadn't paid the attention to detail we wanted, our agent didn't catch it, and the house was sort of a mess (piles of magazines the housekeeper wanted so we didn't recycle, furniture pulled out). We've gotten feedback that it's showing well from lots of agents (including the ones who didn't realize we only have 1 bath) since we've been doing what I think we need to do.

I still say we're lucky. We're mostly not taking this to heart. We've only been on the market a week and 2 days, and we're showing multiple times most days - so great news there. We've heard suggestions of offers, but nothing yet. We came home from California with a really crappy bug and it's taking us a while to shake it (not to mention we're coughing a lot at night - so not sleeping). Things just seem so much worse when you don't feel good. And this is such an emotional process to begin with. I'm glad I have TE as a place to vent!

That's great that you're getting good traffic. Hopefully, you'll get a nibble/bite soon! Sending positive vibes your way!
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Oh boy - more real estate agent issues.

Dear showing agents:

Lock the frigging door. It's not that hard. My back door should NOT have been standing open when I got home (don't know if you left it unlocked and it blew open, or you left it open). Not cool. Glad nothing (that I see) is missing - but I'm going to be a little paranoid for a while. I'm *really* trying to be good about not flipping out about the house being on the market and trudging through it - but this *is not helping*.

Blueberry,
    When I sold my last place, I wouldn't leave the house until I saw the whites of their eyes. I would take the dog and go for a walk. (I worked from home) So at least I knew if they showed up and I never gave them more than 30 minutes and usually did a loop so I could see the house and tell if the cars were still there. Good Luck!
    Sky King
    biketouringnews.com

Dear Karma,

Thank you for being so kind to me lately; now if only you could find me a job where I want to be.

Thanks,
    Not Asking Too Much
    2014 Surly Straggler
    2012 Salsa Casseroll - STOLEN

(((Blueberry))) Boy, that sounds like fun. Not. Maybe they need visual cues. Like "Please take off your shoes" and "Please lock the door" signs where appropriate. Some people just can't do without visual prompts. I have lots of PDFs for signs like that and will happily share. Good luck with the house.

Dear neighbor,

It's good that you like to keep your driveway looking nice. But it is really not necessary to use your two-stroke leaf blower to blow each leaf off the second it falls from the tree. And even if it were, it shouldn't take more than a few seconds per leaf.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Quote Originally Posted by OakLeaf View Post
    Dear neighbor,

It's good that you like to keep your driveway looking nice. But it is really not necessary to use your two-stroke leaf blower to blow each leaf off the second it falls from the tree. And even if it were, it shouldn't take more than a few seconds per leaf.
    Oh gawd, I had a neighbor like that. He'd chase one leaf around his yard. I feel your pain OakLeaf.