Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

Sorry about your pain.

I had those injections in the L4-5 area 10 or so years ago. They didn't help at all. The only thing that helped was surgery. It is a "procedure" and not just a shot, where they give pain meds, IV, etc. You will need someone to drive you home.

My dad had the exact same sort of accident, and ended up having to have surgery as well. I hope you didn't settle with the insurance already. Dad ended up having to get an attorney to make sure he got compensated for what he'd been through.

Karen

I also had the same thing & ended up with surgery. 1.5 years later, no numbness, no pain, everything is good.

Caveat - the MRI's did NOT show that I had a disk implanting itself into my spinal cord. The surgeon earned his money digging that sucker out. He used bone from my hip & made disks, fused the whole thing and I'm good as new.

Regarding chiropractors - I saw one. It felt great for about 6 hours and then the pain & numbness came back with a vengence. I believe that he could have paralyzed me, knowing what I know about the disk & my spinal cord.

Have they done an MRI? I agree with the others about getting to the cause rather than treating the symptoms.
    To train a dog, you must be more interesting than dirt.

Trek Project One
    Trek FX 7.4 Hybrid

Bumping this up. Hey Regina! Did you get the epidural? Did it help?