Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Long and Less Long Runs: 4-23 to 4-29

To disable ads, please log-in.

Well, I don't run until Wednesday, but figured I would start the thread. OH! I completed my first tri this past weekend, report is posted up in race reports section.

Have a great week of running ladies!
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather, to skid in broadside thoroughly used-up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: WOW WHAT A RIDE!!!!"

Did my first run of the week today - hill repeats. Eh. The route I had planned was 3.5miles with one long hill, and two short hills with the long hill repeated twice, short hills 3 times. But they decided today was the day to repave my road, so I had to improvise. I can't gripe too much, though, because once they get done I'll have nice cushy asphalt to run on, which my knees will love. Overall, I got in somewhere between 3 and 4 miles, running up the hills and on the flat, and walking down the hill.

How are you gals doing?

Well, I ran 3 miles last night on the treadmill (it was raining). I went 3 miles in 32:40-10:50 minute mile.

I have a 6 mile run scheduled for Thursday. For Sunday I have a 25 mile bike and 3 mile run.

It's a pretty easy week for me. Otherwise, I have been biking and swimming... of course.

Great job on the hill repeats BT! If I can ever get a solid base, I will look at working on speed work. But for right now, it's all I can do to get the base miles done-slowly.
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather, to skid in broadside thoroughly used-up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: WOW WHAT A RIDE!!!!"

I've got a cold. Whine whine sniffle sniffle. So no running for me yet this week. My body has decided to take this rest week stuff seriously and make sure that I can't train by filling my head with gunk. Uggggg!!
    Living life like there's no tomorrow.

http://gorgebikefitter.com/

2007 Look Dura Ace
    2010 Custom Tonic cross with discs, SRAM
    2012 Moots YBB 2 x 10 Shimano XTR
    2014 Soma B-Side SS

10K Group run again... we are having 28°C weather so it is a bit hot for my taste. And they don't run in the flat all the time so I was fighting even a bit more than last week.

The heat will really be something for me to overcome... I hope we won't get another killer summer.
    It's a little secret you didn't know about us women. We're all closet Visigoths.

2008 Roy Hinnen O2 - Selle SMP Glider
    2009 Cube Axial WLS - Selle SMP Glider
    2007 Gary Fisher HiFi Plus - Specialized Alias

Utah, Gateway to Nevada, not to be confused with Idaho
    Wahine, you'll be back at it in no time, I'll bet. You're so strong you'll kick it in the fanny after sufficient rest.

Alpinerabbit, I too dread the heat. I wasn't running last summer, so this will be a new experience for me here in Utah. I hope it doesn't kill my desire to run!

Ran yesterday, nice and easy (still in recovery/easy mode). Developed what seems to be a "knot" (?) in my calf after about 2 miles and it's still there. I think it's my leg rebelling after Saturday. My ineptitude at running uphill creates much calf distress, and I did an awful lot of uphill running (and walking) Sat. I may try running easy again on Thursday. Long run planned for Fri.

So far pretty boring this week, 3 miles yesterday (plus 12 mile ride), 40 minute tempo run today, probably another 3 miles plus 12 mile ride tomorrow (or strength + 12 mile ride), 5 miles Saturday, 10 miles Sunday. I might turn Saturday's run into a 30 mile ride + 3 mile run brick instead, but I'm afraid that might kill me for Sunday (eh, I could always take Sunday's 10 miles easy).

I've been trying to spend time on stretching, which has been really productive, I feel much more loose when I make a point of stretching well. The only area I'm having trouble with is my shins, or whatever you call those muscles. I can't figure out how to stretch and truly release them.

Hi Guys,
    Yoda sorry you are not feeling well. Hope you are back at it quickly.

I am on an easy week, so I did a nice 4 mile trail run today with some pick ups thrown in. It was unstructured, and relaxed.

Nothing epic or exciting, just nice.

Thanks RnR and Yellow. I have to admit that this glass of red wine is making me feel a whole lot better.
    Living life like there's no tomorrow.

http://gorgebikefitter.com/

2007 Look Dura Ace
    2010 Custom Tonic cross with discs, SRAM
    2012 Moots YBB 2 x 10 Shimano XTR
    2014 Soma B-Side SS

Hi Everyone,
    I too am in recovery from my half. Monday I took the day off .Tuesday, I ran / walked on the tread mill 3 miles and lifted weights. My legs felt like they weighed 1000 pounds. Today, I biked a tough 28 miles of hills and then ran walked 2 miles right after. My legs were jello! I could not get them to go. I ran the first miles and ran walked the second. Oh well!

My glass of red wine is making me forget the pain of the run. The bike ride was wonderful. The temp was 65 degrees and just beautiful! Rolling country hills with a few challenging climbs. What could be any greater! Iam planning to run Friday am and run in the March of Dimes 6K Saturday AM, run Sunday and bike with DH.
    Hope everyone has a great week!!!
    Anita "Shiraz"

Everytime I see your name, I want a glass of wine. Although I'd probably be called Merlot myself....
    It is never too late to be what you might have been. ~ George Elliot

My podcast about being a rookie triathlete:Kelownagurl Tris Podcast

Cabernet for me probably (or crianza - last bottle we opened of that was yum).

Got intervals planned for today - and its warm, oh joy. When it gets really warm here (i.e. over about 20C) I try to go running first thing in the morning when it is cooler and the air is fresher, I hate running in warm evenings. The only problem with morning running is I have to make myself ignore the siren call of the duvet, its a real stuggle sometimes.

I'm doing an easy week too. 4 miles on Tuesday, a fast 5k last night. Today is a group ride and Friday rest. I've been spending more time doing weights and ab workouts.

I have a 4 mile trail run race on Saturday. It's a tough course: single track with lots of hills and full of roots and tree stumps. I've taken quite a few falls on it. But, it's fun too.

Did 6.7 miles in total today. I was scheduled to do intervals today, 8 2minute intervals with 2 minute recovery with 2 miles of easy running on either side. I realised the intervals would cover a lot of distance so I cut short the warm up (its really warm here so no problem) did the intervals which hurt, a lot, thankfully managed to find a loop where I would predominantly be running into the breeze to try to keep cool. I found the last four easier than the first four which was odd but my legs were tired from last nights ride. Unusually I walked for about 20 seconds each recovery but this made sure I got fluids in easily. Not sure how far I ran to "cool down" (ha ha) but I think it was over 1 mile. Thinking of doing 6 x 3 mins with 3 min recoveries next week, now that will hurt. Due to my extra weekend run this has been my highest mileage week ever with just over 24 miles.

I'm loathe to dig out my shorts and sleeveless tops as the weather has been unseasonably warm here and the minute I get them out there will be a cold snap.

Tattiefritter, while you're getting the unseasonable warmth in Europe, it's been the opposite here - we're setting records for cool temps, and we had the latest measurable snow ever for our area a couple weeks ago. Gotta keep both seasons of clothes out. I'll take the cool, but I hope I can tolerate the heat when it hits.

Did 8 miles yesterday evening. Six were tempo and the first and last were at an easy pace. Felt pretty good, but my calves were really tight at the end. Doing lots of stretching and that helps. Two miles tomorrow.--

Have a good week everyone.

Deb