Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

The metric for sure, the detour ..... I don't know.

Dinner the night before, anyone? Just say where and when.
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

A co-worker (my successful biking recruit) and I will be doing the metric. Not sure if I'll be doing the detour - I guess it depends on how I feel and if I make it by the cut-off time. We'll be driving down in the morning so I'll have to miss out on dinner the night before.
    "Bicycling is a big part of the future. It has to be. There's something wrong with a society that drives a car to workout in a gym." -- Bill Nye

Hey, I'm up for dinner the night before. We should be pulling into the area early Friday and checking in at the Radisson nearby. I've never even been in CA before, so anywhere you ladies decide is great with me. Plan on two of us joining in.

Anybody got any advice on how to pack as far as weather, temps, etc.? Or should we just plan for literally 'anything'? Also, any advice on a warm up ride somewhere nearby on Friday? I'm gonna need and want to really stretch my legs after driving from PA. (of course, there will be some riding done along the way out) Is there a stretch of road along a beach, in a park or in the hills that we can get to? Maybe the Bay Area? All ideas are appreciated. Thank you ladies!
    Oh, that's gonna bruise...
    Only the suppressed word is dangerous. ~Ludwig Börne

Quote Originally Posted by Deanna View Post
    A co-worker (my successful biking recruit) and I will be doing the metric. Not sure if I'll be doing the detour - I guess it depends on how I feel and if I make it by the cut-off time. We'll be driving down in the morning so I'll have to miss out on dinner the night before.
    Deanna, Sorry that you'll miss the dinner. Say "hi Trek" when you pass me on the route. You ride a Raleigh, right??? Registration for this ride is a bit of a zoo. We skipped the whole section of pre-Cindy threads where we rant about that. How could we forget?

I'll commit to wearing AV gear, even if the weather's good I'll be in tights and I'll be on the Mondonico so you can spot me from afar

Like you I'll see how I feel at the cut off.

Between missed spin classes, bad weather I feel up for the metric and hopefully on track to where I should be in June

But longer harder Cindy I don't know.

X and out of towners: Welcome to CA. If you don't like the weather wait 15 minutes. Dress in layors. Be prepared for headwind, don't linger at lunch because right outa the gate you'll hit headwinds so you don't want to be cold.

I'll be in my usual vest/arm skins/s.s. jersey combo unless it looks like rain then a light Craft jacket will do. My mistake last year was bringing a heavier Goretex jacket, it'd warm up and I'd be over heated or no good way to store it then just when I got that figured out...BOOM hail and wind .... I want something I can just zip up or down.

Dinner. We went to Fuzios the year before last. Italian, decent vegetarian selections, full bar, near the Cindy area for out of towners

whadya think?
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Folder ~ Brompton

Here's a menu for Fuzio's

http://www.fuzio.com/Menus/index.htm

Thanks for the info Trek. That sounds like FL weather. We need to get a list of some phone #'s together too since the two of us will largely be out of touch as far as the net on our way out there. That way if any changes happen with you ladies or us, we can communicate. I'm about to change my cell #, so when I get my new one, I'll PM a couple of you.

Now, any ideas about places to go ride on Friday? I really want to do a little touring if I can, biker style. I'm willing to drive an hour or two. I'm a 'stop and take in the view' type of rider so scenic is what I'm looking for.

Thanks
    Oh, that's gonna bruise...
    Only the suppressed word is dangerous. ~Ludwig Börne

Count me in for dinner

Trek, count me in for dinner.

Sorry I haven't been around much. Between work and chorus and everything else, I'm just swamped. I won't be doing Cindy this year but I'll be cheering everyone else on.

Mel

Wish I could come, girls--it sounds great. Instead just know I'll be wishing you a great time!
    "My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks

Quote Originally Posted by Melody View Post
    Trek, count me in for dinner.

Sorry I haven't been around much. Between work and chorus and everything else, I'm just swamped. I won't be doing Cindy this year but I'll be cheering everyone else on.

Mel
    Yeah Mel, good to see you. What time do y'all want to dine in this foine establishment? I suppose we'll need reservations so I'll start a headcount.

Spoke Wrench
    Five One
    Trek420
    Kjay
    PABadger
    Mel?
    Smilingcat
    BikeMomma
    CindySue
    Melissam
    Bikerz
    KitandXrayted
    Snapdragen
    Ace
    Java
    Java DP

oh, and Spazzdog may be there.
    Last edited by Trek420; 03-10-2007 at 10:52 PM.
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Folder ~ Brompton

What the heck, I'm not riding the Cindy either, but I'm always up for dinner and LemonDrops...

Count me in for dinner, please. My knee will probably keep me from doing the ride, but it would be great to meet you guys.

I'll be riding Cinderella for the fourth time with some Team in Training friends (none are on TE that I know of). We always eat dinner the night before at Frankie, Johnny, & Luigi, Too, so I won't be joining all you wonderful TE princesses for dinner. Unless you want to make your dinner reservation at the same restaurant .

We'll be staying Friday night at the Holiday Inn Express, so maybe we'll bump into each other in the halls or at breakfast on the second floor mezzanine - if you are staying there. I know what some of you look like from posted pictures, so if I see you, I'll introduce myself.

Keeping my fingers crossed for good weather.
    Last edited by five one; 03-10-2007 at 07:08 PM.
    Health is the thing that makes you feel like now is the best time of the year--Franklin Pierce Adams

Thanks, Trek; count me in for dinner.

Hey Trek, would you save two spots at dinner for my DP and me?

Quote Originally Posted by Trek420 View Post
    What time do y'all want to dine in this foine establishment?
    how about 6pm?
    Cheers!

Cindy

Team Luna Chix