Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

I'm too "Prissy", so I'm told

To disable ads, please log-in.

I was hanging out with some friends last night at my Tri Club social and they had an intervention of sorts. I was duly informed that I was 'too prissy" and that something would be done about it.

"Too prissy?" I said, unbelieving. Don't they know how many snot rockets I launched on my last ride?!

Yes, too prissy. Apparently, my roadie cycling clothes match too well, my legs are too shaven, my bar tape is too clean and I lack the requisite number of scars on my knees, elbows, knuckles and ankles. I am also in want of stories where I have ridden into trees, fallen off logs and rolled down enbankments.

So now my "friends" have found me a small Specialized mountain bike frame and are in the process of building it up with all of their spare components. They say they are grooming me for a future Xterra.

I have no say in the matter. My voice is "too prissy" to be heard.

I will have to get dirty.

Last edited by Bluetree; 02-02-2007 at 09:05 AM.

What wonderful friends you have!!! I am sure it is in your better interest and you may fight it...kicking and screaming...denying all your prissyness until you have completely overcome the withdraw & anger stages!!!

You may not see it yet, but trust me, follow your friends thru that dirty tunnel and the reward will be invigorating!!!!

...and as always rubber-side-down!

I am a nobody; nobody is perfect, and therefore I am perfect.

lol

Now THAT made me lol!!

I have been imortalized on video stating my disdain for all things mtn biking.

We were on a trip to moab (husband and all his friends) when I screamed at the camera as I was bombing down a hill "MOUNTAIN BIKING SUCKS"....

I shall never live that one down.

Every once in awhile I get the urge to "get dirty" but for the most part I prefer asphalt under my tires.
    My husband and son on the other hand.... sigh... Dirty boys to the CORE!

GEEZ.... nothing wrong with being prissy.... and you can be a durty gurl and prissy, too! i hate tan lines... bruises... dirt... i have to match.... (and love pink mountain bike stuff!) oh... but sorry... i do NOT do snot rocket... EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

so you just continue your prissy ways..... it's OK!!!!!!

Kitsune06 Guest
    Rubber Side Down, FTW!

I'm a sissy when it comes to my mtb-ing. I've seen enough nasty injuries to know enough to be careful... Y'know, N-shaped collarbones and the like? I keep enough gauze etc in my bag on 'serious' trips (where I can foresee needing it...) just b/c I don't trust anything...

Still... "Prissy" to me, is "oh, I don't want to get my clothes dirty" or "*GASP!* I tore my windbreaker!" nothing you should be wearing to MTB should be that good. Baggy cargos and bleeding forearms and calves ftw. Treehugging... (half crashing and grabbing a tree to stay up) ground-eating (mmmmm taste that dirt!) and RSU maneuvers (Rubber-Side-Up) are my forte... not that I want to... and nothin' like raspberry marks on your hips from sliding. yow. Snot rockets, bloody marks, sweat and tanlines... the 'fake tan' from dirt and dust clinging to sweat... These are a few of my favorite things...

q, though,
    I patched out on gravel a couple months ago on one knee, and though I debrided it as much as I could etc, and it healed fine, it looks like it's still got some black tattooing from the gravel debris... anyone know if that ever completely works its way out?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune06 View Post
    nothing you should be wearing to MTB should be that good.
    *gasp* but i only buy CUTE mountain biking clothes!!!!!!!

Talking Somehow I guessed that you were Prissy

Ah, Bluetree - the mountain bike world is a wonderful place!

Here are some tips so that you can keep up your "prissiness" even while mountain biking!

Always wear short black socks - not white - oh they will get way too dirty!

Yes, you can wear lipstick at the beginning of the ride, just to make sure you don't lose your "prissiness".

And, of course, you can still match - just watch the light colors and white they don't do well off road.

Those friends of yours are going to have a hard time keeping you from being "prissy"

Kitsune06 Guest
    Black and Grey and earthy colors ftw. Oh, they can be cute, but bear in mind that you're going to eventually destroy them if you're riding right. Plow into a holly tree or raspberry bush or whatnot once and it's gone. Bleed on light pants or socks? Gone. Prissy little spd shoes do *not* do well when you've got to lift the ol' bike and carry it over a log bridge (that passes over water that you don't want to fall into...)

Cute clothes... heh. they're only as cute as the tough-as-nails chica wearing 'em.

OK.... i have to know.... what is FTW??????????????????

Cute clothes... heh. they're only as cute as the tough-as-nails chica wearing 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by spokewench View Post
    Ah, Bluetree - the mountain bike world is a wonderful place!

Here are some tips so that you can keep up your "prissiness" even while mountain biking!

Always wear short black socks - not white - oh they will get way too dirty!

Yes, you can wear lipstick at the beginning of the ride, just to make sure you don't lose your "prissiness".

And, of course, you can still match - just watch the light colors and white they don't do well off road.

Those friends of yours are going to have a hard time keeping you from being "prissy"

OH!! i wear lipstick at the beginning of mtb or road rides! AND.... if i'm not wearing ear covers to keep them warm.... i wear little fake diamond stud earrings on the bike, too!!!!

and sometimes i actually paint my nails to match my outfit!

hmmmmmm i don't own white mtb shorts but i do have light light tan ones! and i have the cutest light pink socks!!!!!

(told you all i was a PRISS months and months ago!!!!!)

Kitsune06 Guest
    "For The Win"...
    as in in the comparison of two different things, it would be "Heavy denim, for the win"...
    a vocabulary-based throwback to my l337 gamer days... also "For teh win"... R0XX0r.

hey now, I think the person makes the clothes. that's all. they have to. otherwise, judging by the way I'm generally dressed, I'm kind of a boyish d*ke, sporty and outdoorsy, and a pita to the core. Oh, but I do wear earrings... ...well, my 1/2" plugs... but I wear the hollow silicone ones cuz they won't hurt in a crash...

...oh, yes, Cali...
    I see your point.

uh... did you ever take into account that if you're wearing studs, and you hit hard on the side of your head, you might end up puncturing that soft tissue by the side of your neck? Just saying... I worry for everyone. Too much.

I'm not sure if "months and months ago" is valid... Betcha look cute tho.
    Last edited by Kitsune06; 02-02-2007 at 10:46 AM.

"For The Win"...
    as in in the comparison of two different things, it would be "Heavy denim, for the win"...
    a vocabulary-based throwback to my l337 gamer days... also "For teh win"... R0XX0r.

hey now, I think the person makes the clothes. that's all. they have to. otherwise, judging by the way I'm generally dressed, I'm kind of a boyish d*ke, sporty and outdoorsy, and a pita to the core.

...oh, yes, Cali...
    I see your point.

I'm not sure if "months and months ago" is valid...

it's valid!!!! it IS!!!!!!! (and awwwwwwwwwww..... thanx *blush*)

ok.... thanx the the explaination on ftw!!! got it! (i would have NEVER figured that out on my own!!!)

(for the record.... i even wear cute workout clothes when i workout... at home.... in my garage... where 90% of the time the only ones to see me are the cats and dog!!!!! so i think i qualify as a priss!)

Yeah, I'm a prissy new mountain biker too! I don't particularly like getting dirty (me or my bike), and I hate mud! Perhaps this comes from years of riding on the road? I've fallen enough while mountain biking (and yes, gotten dirty and a bit bloody too) to realize it would not be wise to wear my pretty blue Shebeest shorts or my prettiest pale girly jerseys on single track. Black socks are a good idea I hadn't thought of. Lipstick - yes - just a little.

Fortunately, my mtb is older so a bit beat up, clear-coated aluminum and not nearly as prissy as its rider. If I'd bought a brand-new bike, I probably would have ended up with a prissy pale blue (or eek, even pink!) and been even prissier-than-thou.

Loved your post, Bluetree. Can't wait to hear how the mountain biking goes! You have great friends.

Emily
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

so why DO you shave your legs? You couldn't possibly have much hair on them?!?!
    (No, I don't either)
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.