Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1001 of 1165 FirstFirst ... 501901951991997998999100010011002100310041005101110511101 ... LastLast
Results 15,001 to 15,015 of 17471

Thread: Thread Drift

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by indysteel View Post
    I'm so sorry, Pax. It's very sad when ego and insecurity get in the way of being a decent human being.
    It is, she has worked 60-70 hour weeks all these years, trying to do what's right... only to be denied basic human decency as she leaves.

I'm trying really hard not to go postal right now.

Electra Townie 7D

Quote Originally Posted by Pax View Post
    It is, she has worked 60-70 hour weeks all these years, trying to do what's right... only to be denied basic human decency as she leaves.

I'm trying really hard not to go postal right now.
    I didn't realize until this discussion that you both work for the same employer. Remind me again of your current retirement plan. Is there a day in the near terms when you'll feel free to tell all these people off? Do you work with/for these same people?

Give your honey (and yourself) a hug from us. As my post from yesterday about my old job indicates, I appreciate how hard it is to leave a job with a bitter taste in your mouth. At the time, I tried really hard not to burn any bridges, but boy do you I wish I'd had an opportunity to tell some people off.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

I didn't realize until this discussion that you both work for the same employer. Remind me again of your current retirement plan. Is there a day in the near terms when you'll feel free to tell all these people off? Do you work with/for these same people?

Give your honey (and yourself) a hug from us. As my post from yesterday about my old job indicates, I appreciate how hard it is to leave a job with a bitter taste in your mouth. At the time, I tried really hard not to burn any bridges, but boy do you I wish I'd had an opportunity to tell some people off.
    We work in the same unit at the university library, she is leaving to work across town for the state library consortium.

I'm vested as of two days ago but need to wait 3.5 more years to draw a pension (age 55). Then I can truly enjoy my exit interview... until then I think I'll start moving away from skipping all my breaks and lunches and start availing myself of the benefits to being a civil servant.

ETA - thanks for the hugs, the anger is slowly turning to sadness. They hurt my beloved.
    Last edited by Pax; 11-17-2011 at 11:11 AM.

Electra Townie 7D

Quote Originally Posted by Pax View Post
    We work in the same unit at the university library, she is leaving to work across town for the state library consortium.

I'm vested as of two days ago but need to wait 3.5 more years to draw a pension (age 55). Then I can truly enjoy my exit interview... until then I think I'll start moving away from skipping all my breaks and lunches and start availing myself of the benefits to being a civil servant.

ETA - thanks for the hugs, the anger is slowly turning to sadness. They hurt my beloved.
    If it gives you any consolation, at least she's moving onto something better--or at least I hope she is--at her new job. Plus, she has you.

And that's a lot.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Thanks Indy. I'm VERY glad she's getting out of here, it's not a sane healthy environment for someone at her level.

Electra Townie 7D

Had my last board meeting today after four years on a NFP board. It's bittersweet. I did like most of my fellow board members and our staff, but it wasn't without a lot of frustration, too. Given where I live now, my life doesn't intersect with this organization like it once did, so it made sense to move on. I'm going to stay involved in a project that I had hoped to shepard through but which got put on a backburner this year. We now have a green light. If it's successful, it will make the last four years much more rewarding.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Pax and Pax honey, Sounds like the dept. will collapse as she leaves. Tell her to stay away from the debris.

So, I was supposed to have a family checking the condo yesterday but they bailed and did not show. Probably not a good sign even if they call with a good excuse. Back to lining them up at the door.
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

I went to spin class this morning for the first time in 2.5 years.
    New gym is soooo different. No one (even the instructor) was wearing cycling shorts. She had cycling shoes on, but not clipped in. I was the only one clipped in.
    It was low key and boring. Friday is "hill" day. She asked me if I could take it... I told her that every day is hill day in the Crankin house and that being I was a cyclist, it's the way it is. She said, "Yea, I knew you were a cyclist. "
    But, at 5:30 AM, I'll take boring. The time went quickly, at least more quickly than the trainer. Back to being outside tomorrow.
    DS #2 told DH that he is probably going to apply to the program where he can stay in the Marines, finish college, get his commission and become a 2nd. Lt. It seems that DIL is getting sick of him being gone, and this will keep him at home for at least 2.5-3.5 years, which is how long it will take him to finish his degree . Funny, how this has more influence than mom. Hey, I'll take it.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Just finished one of the better books that I've read in a while. It's called The Warmth of Other Suns by Isabel Wilkerson. It's about the African-American migration from the South to the North from about 1920 to 1970. What was really appealing about the book is that Wilkerson tells the story of the "Great Migration" from the standpoint of three people who each migrated during that period. It really personalized this aspect of our history, and I found each of their stories extremely compelling and profound. I recommend the book highly.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

That's on my list of 'must read next" books.

I got this and could not put it down. I was nearly up all night and reading the next day on the train, missing my stop .... very moving, shocking.

http://rebeccaskloot.com/the-immortal-life/
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

That's on my list, too. Fresh Air did a show on it when it first came out that really caught my attention.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

That's on my list, too. Fresh Air did a show on it when it first came out that really caught my attention.
    Indy - The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks is an awesome read. Cyrenesong on the other board recommended it at one time.

+1 on Henrietta Lacks.

For a terrific fiction read, I read Luminarium by Alex Shakar not long ago and really enjoyed it.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Thanks for the suggestion. I just started The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz. I anticipate it being somewhat challenging for me as fiction goes.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Quote Originally Posted by Trek420 View Post
    That's on my list of 'must read next" books.

I got this and could not put it down. I was nearly up all night and reading the next day on the train, missing my stop .... very moving, shocking.

http://rebeccaskloot.com/the-immortal-life/
    NPR did a long story on this -- fascinating. Will have to read the book!
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow