Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 703 of 1165 FirstFirst ... 203603653693699700701702703704705706707713753803 ... LastLast
Results 10,531 to 10,545 of 17471

Thread: Thread Drift

To disable ads, please log-in.

Mmmmmmm. If you are anywhere near a Cheesecake Factory, go in and have a Chocolate Martini. They are *The Best*

I've had my share of corgi-hair-in-the-mouth moments. Not pleasant, I cannot recommend the corgi martini....

Birthday started off sucky, but then I called into work and told 'em to p!ss off for the day.

Quote Originally Posted by snapdragen View Post
    Birthday started off sucky, but then I called into work and told 'em to p!ss off for the day.
    May your day improve. Good for you for calling in.

Have a Happy Birthday Snap!
    Jennifer

“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.”
    -Mahatma Gandhi

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit."
    -Aristotle

Happy Birthday, Snap! And what an excellent call to make on today of all days! Work can wait!

We loved your Chloe collar stories! I can totally see her!

'Cuda is no longer looking like a ballerina, but he is walking on his foot less. Part of me thinks this is a good thing. He's got a proper bandage on, covered by a sock which is fairly liberally (not as much as before) duct taped on. We'll replace the sock probably every evening and morning, and hope to replace the bandage every second day. He would so much rather be playing with the soccer ball right now!

heh, and so would I. I would have loved to skip work today, but fear the consequences of each missed day. Can you say huge pile of work that I can't see the bottom of?

Oh, and I feel better than yesterday. So is that from the sunshine, or from the 1/2 glass of wine last night?

H&B
    ~T~
    The butterflies are within you.

My photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/picsiechick/

Buy my photos: http://www.picsiechick.com

Happy B-D Snap!
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

Sounds like the only reasonable thing to do. Enjoy the remainder of YOUR DAY!
    Bad JuJu: Team TE Bianchista
    "The road to hell is paved with works-in-progress." -Roth
    Read my blog: Works in Progress

I want a chocolate martini right now. I have white crema de cacao. Hmm....
    It is never too late to be what you might have been. ~ George Elliot

My podcast about being a rookie triathlete:Kelownagurl Tris Podcast

Now that I'm home I can post e-collar pix. Chloe had one last year when she had corneal ulcers. HATED IT!
    You could try this fish bowl type contraption.
    ~ Susie

"Keep plugging along. The finish line is getting closer with every step. When you see it, you won't remember that you are hurting, that anything has gone wrong, or just how slow or fast you are.
    You will just know that you are going to finish and that was what you set out to do."
    -- Michael Pate, "When Big Boys Tri"

Quote Originally Posted by Offthegrid View Post
    You could try this fish bowl type contraption.
    oh my, isn't that something! bubble cat anyone?
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

I guess it's better because it doesn't have any sharp edges! heh

Well, we were wrong, and I feel bad about it, since the solution was right in front of us. Not my preferred option, but it is so far appearing as if it would have worked.

Got home today and he had chewed through all layers. His foot does not look good. We'll have to bring him back to the vet in the morning. Diva is going in for her teeth cleaning, so they can keep each other company I guess.

Well, it finally dawned on us that maybe if we drug him up with the demerol he'll stop wanting to chew it. Sure enough - it only takes a few minutes for the drugs to kick in and he's very relaxed, laying on the floor, not interested in licking the darned foot anymore. Now why did we not try this sooner????

Dang!

Anyway, hopefully he hasn't done so much damage that he'll have to lose his toe. I guess we'll find out tomorrow. Now it's cuddle time.

Hugs and stoned butterflies,
    ~T~
    The butterflies are within you.

My photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/picsiechick/

Buy my photos: http://www.picsiechick.com

Oh, man. Ya know, if you just go ahead and do that to your cat, the neighbors call the animal cops and have you drug away. But if you buy something that is sold to do the exact same thing, now it's called therapeutic.

I love the pic of your dog Snap. Makes me want to go mix up a martini right now. Oh, and I agree, chocolate martinis are one of my favorite drinks. (hint, hint Dar - um, hold the hair please )

LBTC - I'm so sorry to hear Cuda is liking the duct tape too. Duct tape is still our friend... *points a finger* Shush Kit. I wasn't thinking that.
    Last edited by Xrayted; 03-09-2007 at 05:52 PM.
    Oh, that's gonna bruise...
    Only the suppressed word is dangerous. ~Ludwig Börne

Cool avatar, Xrayted (and Kit, too)
    ~ Susie

"Keep plugging along. The finish line is getting closer with every step. When you see it, you won't remember that you are hurting, that anything has gone wrong, or just how slow or fast you are.
    You will just know that you are going to finish and that was what you set out to do."
    -- Michael Pate, "When Big Boys Tri"

*X sneaks in* Bueller? Bueller?

oh, there he is... c'mon, ya know ya wanna twist and shout
    Oh, that's gonna bruise...
    Only the suppressed word is dangerous. ~Ludwig Börne

Then there's the cute little story about the kids coming out of Ferris Beuller's Day Off going, "Hey, did you hear that song from that new band "The Beatles"?

snork.

Love those Urban Legends!

(oh, and the folks coming out of "Apollo 13" saying "why didn't they just send the space shuttle up for the astronauts?")

I used to have several books of those urban legend collections. Unfortunately I lost *custody* of them....
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

Well, Knot, it's not the same thing, but you can just go to Snopes.com
    and they have a lot of them.

category by category..
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

I love this song. It's probably one of my favourites. I can't decide which version I like best.

This one by Postal Service:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0sEJQebtWA

or this one by Iron and Wine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wP3shDm9***

EDIT: ok that last one's link has A$$ at the end. You'll have type it in manually. LOL...

I think I prefer the slower version, especially the harmonies.

I play it a little faster myself, somewhere between the two. Maybe I should put myself on Youtube someday. LOL...
    Last edited by kelownagirl; 03-09-2007 at 08:19 PM.
    It is never too late to be what you might have been. ~ George Elliot

My podcast about being a rookie triathlete:Kelownagurl Tris Podcast