Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 691 of 1165 FirstFirst ... 191591641681687688689690691692693694695701741791 ... LastLast
Results 10,351 to 10,365 of 17471

Thread: Thread Drift

To disable ads, please log-in.

Good Luck Trek!!!!!!!!!
    "Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you're going to do now and do it." – William C. Durant

I click here to help detect breast cancer.

I click here to help feed animals in need.

I play this game to help feed people in need.

Good luck Trek!!
    Oh, that's gonna bruise...
    Only the suppressed word is dangerous. ~Ludwig Börne

SHE PASSED!!!!!!

I'm so proud of my electrical engineering telecommunications electronics technology mathematical genius!!!!
    Last edited by KnottedYet; 02-23-2007 at 11:31 AM.
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

Quote Originally Posted by KnottedYet View Post
    SHE PASSED!!!!!!
    WOO HOO, WAY TO GO TREK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Electra Townie 7D

SHE PASSED!!!!!!

I'm so proud of my electrical engineering telecommunications electronics technology mathematical genius!!!!
    I think this calls for an extra birthday-celebratory-and-exam-congratulatory donation to her AIDS Lifecycle ride Perhaps also one from her electronics engineer BIL ...? That's rider #4223 -- http://www.aidslifecycle.org/4223
    Half-marathon over. Sabbatical year over. It's back to "sacking shirt and oat cakes" as they say here.

Kitsune06 Guest
    WOOOOOOOOOOO
    OOOOOOOOOOO
    HOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Happy Dance!

Thanks all.

The test is called the DTSAT. Everything's an acronym @ da' phone company, this one stands for Digital Technology Skill Assesment Test. It's a test of basic electronics knowlege including digital switching systems, transmission, digital logic .... it's 3 hours long and it's a doozie.

Midway through the tester said "we're calculating the results and you're all doing well so far" but that was before the section where I was muttering "shoulda paid more attention when Kit was specking in ASCI and 1's and 0's because I sure could use that now".

There are many many traditions in da' phone company.

One is when they announce the test results they call up the ones who did NOT pass first.

So we were waiting in the lobby, about 20 of us, all the others took the 3 month long class for this test and knew each other.

I studied on BART each day.

I'm off to the side kinda collapsed on the couch and the tester calls me over.

"Oh well, guess I can take it again in 6 months".

But she just wanted me there .... when she announced that the whole group passed!!

We applauded each other as we each got a copy of the results.

What this means is that I can now put in for jobs in the "technical side of the fence"; testing tecnicians, FACS admin, Comtech, they are really pushing for fiber to the prem tech's for Project Lightspeed but I don't think I want to do that.

Does not mean that the openings are there although there is what we call "movement in the company", people moving around and creating openings by doing that...but it does mean I can apply for them, more ways to move around and get a change of scenery from this cubicle here and more $$$.

But I told my manager "I passed the DSTAT but I love it here of course "
    Last edited by Trek420; 02-23-2007 at 12:49 PM.
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

WOOHOO TREK!!!!!

*X falls over a cracks her head on the floor, xray geeks come in, haul her off to the "the room" and start cutting off her clothes.* Hey, wait! Ya don't gotta cut my clothes off for a head xray! *smackin' patties and kickin' shins*

hee hee hee...... way to go Trek. I had no doubts.

Kitsune06 Guest
    X-I'LL SAVE YOU!!!!
    *starts ordering people around* You! I want an AP shot here and a PA shot there and YOU! HAND ME THOSE SCISSORS!

*naughty grin*

Way to go Trek - congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune06 View Post
    X-I'LL SAVE YOU!!!!
    *starts ordering people around* You! I want an AP shot here and a PA shot there and YOU! HAND ME THOSE SCISSORS!

*naughty grin*
    Who? What the...? Wait!! Noooooooo!!!

Hey, who shot JR?... what do you mean he wasn't shot? It was all a dream? Awww, sh*t.

Guess I'll go back to playing my Atari.... what do you mean there is no Atari anymore? Awww, sh*t.

Well, then maybe I'll go hang out with Kelly... Crap, she's married? With who's kids? When did that happen? She's only 14!! Awww, sh*t.

Well, then I guess I'll go for a bike ride. Where's my bike? That's my bike? And that one too? Awww, yeah!!! I'm gonna be juuuuust fine...

(psst! who's the cute chic holding the scissors? )

Kitsune06 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Xrayted View Post
    Who? What the...? Wait!! Noooooooo!!!

Hey, who shot JR?... what do you mean he wasn't shot? It was all a dream? Awww, sh*t.

Guess I'll go back to playing my Atari.... what do you mean there is no Atari anymore? Awww, sh*t.

Well, then maybe I'll go hang out with Kelly... Crap, she's married? With who's kids? When did that happen? She's only 14!! Awww, sh*t.

Well, then I guess I'll go for a bike ride. Where's my bike? That's my bike? And that one too? Awww, yeah!!! I'm gonna be juuuuust fine...

(psst! who's the cute chic holding the scissors? )

Uh... Mz. Rayted- I thought K shot JR, Atari just released "The Matrix: The Path of Neo" and "Test Drive: Unlimited"? Oh, and that cute chick holding the scissors is serious.

(I knew you had to have your head examined...)
    Last edited by Kitsune06; 02-23-2007 at 03:40 PM.

Oh yeah. That's right. It was when Bobby died that it was all a dream. Awww, sh*t.

um... wrong Atari for the times, chica.

(don't forget the laterals on that skull, hon. do them erect or crosstable as we would be looking at the sinuses for fluid levels. soemtimes only way to know you have a fx. and, that's the only view where you can see all 4 kinds.)

Now seriously, put down those scissors...

Kitsune06 Guest
    *cough, snort, giggle*

wanna play frogger? Pong? I got the new 2600- we can play Space Invaders!
    Last edited by Kitsune06; 02-23-2007 at 04:17 PM.

SHE PASSED!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS TREK!!!!!!!!!!!
    Jennifer

“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.”
    -Mahatma Gandhi

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit."
    -Aristotle