Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

To disable ads, please log-in.

I'm 5'4" with longish legs just like you. I had the 15" Trek wsd fx and went to the 17.5" regular Trek fx the second time. There is no difference in the geometry of the wsd and the regular 7.2fx. It changes as you go up the fx line though. I showed a printout of the geometry to my lbs and they were surprised too. The 17" was a better fit for me, so maybe you just need to get used to it. Also, I don't do the lycra only and I've been riding a long time. What I do is wear good padded shorts under a pair of regular shorts or capris, like mountain biking style or wear a Terry wrap skirt. I do recreational rides that are always more than 30 miles and they work beautifully.

Congratulations and have fun!
    Claudia

2009 Trek 7.6fx
    2013 Jamis Satellite
    2014 Terry Burlington

Hey, earthgirl, where are you? Did ya survive the hurricane?

try the Trek fx's

I am 5'4 and ride a Trek 7.3 fx size 15 inch (mine is a regular frame not a WSD-womens specific design). A 17 inch bike may be too big but it depends on your proportions. I'm long legged but very short waisted for 5'4 so the mens frame fit me better at the time I bought mine. Along with my short waist comes very short arms so reach becomes a problem for me if I get a bike that is too big. You'll just have to get fit by your LBS to find out what works. We just bought a 13.5" WSD 7.2fx for our daughter who is 5'1, cost about $430 but is well worth it. If you can ride what you have and save more money, you'll have more options and get a bike that will work better for you.
    I love my Trek 7.3fx and it has held up well, I've had it 3-4 years and commute on it (18-20 miles). She's a real workhorse and very comfortable.
    Good luck and I'm so glad you are working toward a healthier life! You will love biking!
    Last edited by mupedalpusher; 09-19-2008 at 06:15 PM.