Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by mtbdarby View Post
    I always shave my legs before I go mtb. I can pretty much guarantee bruising will occur, but just in case I, uh, earn some rash, it's easier to clean and heal with no hair around it (for bandage purposes).

To me it's not a good ride unless I get a little dirty, but I always start with some lip gloss or lip stick on.
    boy, Dar, YOU sound HAIRY!

Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

Boy, I leave for a few hours to work and this area has turned into a hairy, pink chapstick!

For the record, I never considered myself "prissy." Yeah, I tend to be a fashionista at times but in my work I have to deal with toxic art materials, boiling rabbit skin glue, power drills and sometimes, wading through horse manure.

In contrast, my friends include an ultramarathoner, an elite-level age grouper in both road/track tri and a former multi-day adventure racer. To them, anyone who refuses to pee on the run/bike or stops for minor things like, say, broken bones is considered on the wimpy side.

Why in the world they decided to adopt me as their pet project is beyond me, but there seems to be no going back. I feel like I'm in that scene from the movie "Freaks" when the carnival side show freaks stomp around and chant to the initiate: "We accept her, we accept her! One of us, one of us!"
    {{{{{{{Looking around for the Kool-Aid}}}}}}}

I will get my revenge, though. By next season, they will all have freshly-pressed kits matching their bikes (with coordinating shoe covers), and maybe a little pink lipstick, too!
    Last edited by Bluetree; 02-02-2007 at 03:37 PM.

Blue
    I do not doubt your ability to extract revenge on your buddies, but you'll have fun mtbing too!
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA

Blue, I loved your post. It made me ROTFLMAO. Tho, I have to say that I think I agree with your friends. You might be a little "prissy". I'm glad they're getting you a MTB.

This reminds me of a story...

Oh maybe I should start another thread, as to avoid hijacking.

Well, I am a priss by mountain biking standards. I just got my bike and already asked DH if I can put grips on it in a cuter color. I also want a Primal Wear Dirt Princess jersey. It is pink of course.
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

pink

OMG..Pink all around.. I can't stand pink bike/non bike stuff Pink?

I shave my legs just because..

Bluetree-happy to hear you've been introduced to people who do dirt Dirt is wonderful..

A little short story for you...When I purchased my Scott I refused to even look at the Scott Contessa FX 25 because it was pink

PINK

c

Non-girly here. No doubt. But, with the right encouragement and the right incentive I clean up pretty nice and am occasionally a knock-out, if DH is to believed.

I'm glad you're going to try MTB, blue, I think you'll love it!

Now, pink...well, it is definitely not my thing, except in the most ironic moments. I do have the dirt princess sport bra - found it on sale at TE and love it! heehee. Not that anyone ever sees it - I don't have the abs to wear it on the outside! hahaha

My mountain bikes are black.

And the socks I ride in are all dark, black, grey, brown, dark blue, etc. I hate dirty white socks!!

And thanks for the definition of FTW....I could not put that one together!

Hugs and butteflies,
    ~T~
    The butterflies are within you.

My photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/picsiechick/

Buy my photos: http://www.picsiechick.com

I'm with krayzee - pink is evil.
    Drink coffee and do stupid things faster with more energy.

I can answer that one.

I can naswer that one....nop. I still have gravel in my elbow from a road crash that saw me over the handlebars and airborne into the gravel at the side of the road......25 years ago.

q, though,
    I patched out on gravel a couple months ago on one knee, and though I debrided it as much as I could etc, and it healed fine, it looks like it's still got some black tattooing from the gravel debris... anyone know if that ever completely works its way out?[/QUOTE]

I am officially NOT a priss because...

...I AM A MAN!!!

I went to pick up my race packet/bib number for tomorrow's 10k race and they couldn't find my packet at first. Turns out someone input my information into the Male category. burp They may not be able to change it before race time scratching myself and if not, to look for my time under Male 35-39. mmm beer Move over, Mr. Silver, there's a new Y Chromosome in town!

-- Boytree, formerly Bluetree

Quote Originally Posted by Bluetree View Post
    ...I AM A MAN!!!

I went to pick up my race packet/bib number for tomorrow's 10k race and they couldn't find my packet at first. Turns out someone input my information into the Male category. burp They may not be able to change it before race time scratching myself and if not, to look for my time under Male 35-39. mmm beer Move over, Mr. Silver, there's a new Y Chromosome in town!

Oh, but Blue, I mean Boy, there ARE prissy men!
    (not that if you were you would be!)
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA

Well, you know what they say, "Femme in the streets, butch in the sheets."

Be sure to let us know how your 10k goes, Boytree!
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

I will get my revenge, though. By next season, they will all have freshly-pressed kits matching their bikes (with coordinating shoe covers), and maybe a little pink lipstick, too!
    Take them in for a pedicure!!!!! The ultramathoner might make the esthetician faint...

Quote Originally Posted by crazycanuck View Post
    OMG..Pink all around.. I can't stand pink bike/non bike stuff Pink?

I shave my legs just because..

Bluetree-happy to hear you've been introduced to people who do dirt Dirt is wonderful..

A little short story for you...When I purchased my Scott I refused to even look at the Scott Contessa FX 25 because it was pink

PINK

c
    C- You will be happy to hear my new mountain bike will have yellow candy pedals and the grips below from Salsa. No pink after all.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	new grips.jpg 
Views:	243 
Size:	47.5 KB 
ID:	2602  
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

...I AM A MAN!!!

This is funnier than the numbskull over at BF who mistakenly assumed that I must be describing my physical attributes in my avatar signature (same as here, Lanky Lass).

East Hill