Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 163 of 1165 FirstFirst ... 631131531591601611621631641651661671732132636631163 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,445 of 17471

Thread: Thread Drift

To disable ads, please log-in.

Nanci, I'm so glad to hear you'll have a girlfriend nearby!
    Run like a dachshund! Ride like a superhero! Swim like a three-legged cat!
    TE Bianchi Girls Rock

Nanci - that's great! I have a friend like that in DC. We met her and her husband on our honeymoon cruise (meeting them was the only good thing about the cruise - so many stories to tell from that one). We get together when I head home to visit family. Each time we talk on the phone it's like we saw each other yesterday. It's awesome!

Lise - rain??? what's that??? I cannot remember the last time we had a good rain here. I love rain! We've had rain around us, but only a couple of drips have hit us. Our highs are predicted to be 97 and 98 for the next 2 days with lows in the low/mid 70's. Glorious!

I made chocolate mousse tonight - tastes good, but didn't come together quite right. I've had this happen before - very frustrating!
    Elizabee (age 5) at the doctor's office: "I can smell sickness in here...I smell the germs"

fish - that cocolate mousse sounds so good, even if you don't think it looks pretty. so what are some of those stories from the cruise? never been on one. been on some of the ships that have docked here but not gone anywhere on them.

lise - hope it cools down a bit for you after the rain.
    "Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you're going to do now and do it." – William C. Durant

I click here to help detect breast cancer.

I click here to help feed animals in need.

I play this game to help feed people in need.

chick - does the ferry stop anywhere near you? That is one of my dreams, catch the ferry in Juneau and just go where ever it takes me. I'd need a few months at least....

**off to buy a lotto ticket**

Quote Originally Posted by chickwhorips
    fish - that cocolate mousse sounds so good, even if you don't think it looks pretty. so what are some of those stories from the cruise? never been on one. been on some of the ships that have docked here but not gone anywhere on them.
    I've have many stories. I'm heading to bed now - I'll share some of them tomorrow. Good night all (or good morning wherever you may be).
    Elizabee (age 5) at the doctor's office: "I can smell sickness in here...I smell the germs"

My manager emailed me today - get that resume done by Friday! No excuses. She wanted me to include the volume of claims/payments I process on a daily basis. Dang, I'm impressed with myself

Average daily electronic claims submitted (Medicare, Medicaid, Insurance) $3 million.

Average daily electronic payments processed and posted $2.8 million.

Now if only I could get paid on commission......

DAILY?! Wow! good work, snap!
    Run like a dachshund! Ride like a superhero! Swim like a three-legged cat!
    TE Bianchi Girls Rock

That's really cool about fishdr coming to SF! I work there, too... I'm about a block from the Marriott. The Ferry Building is a great idea (was reading the other thread in the CA forum.)

The Red Dog has been shopping. I got a Camelback, 72 oz women's model, I think it's called the Dream. In red. REI is having a sale (again?) so I picked up a jacket that has the unzip-able sleeves. My favorite Shebeest SSS shorts are not on sale, however.

I've been obsessing about global warming. I mean, it's mid-week, I need an obsession. The entire U.S. is heat-baking. My govt. won't do anything about this for at least another 3 years, so I'm looking at getting a solar system for the house. They do free estimates, so I'm setting up appointments. I consider this therapy. I also looked into PHEV cars - plug-in hybrids, but they're still a very expensive concept. Solar power for my house will be cheaper than buying a Prius What a cool concept, though, it's fun to read about.

Quote Originally Posted by Lise
    DAILY?! Wow! good work, snap!
    Truth is, the production part of my job is really quite easy. Run a bunch of different programs to create a group of files, zap 'em off to their respective payors. Download a group of payment files from the same payors, run 'em through some more programs, and load them to our hospital's main computer system. Computer geek life. The good part is I can sit in my computer room, play my Rolling Stone cd's loud, and get everything taken care of by lunch time.

I'm holding out until Subaru comes out with a hybrid. Electric Forester....

I seem to be hooked on a tv show from Canada - DaVinci's Inquest. I think the episodes I'm watching are from 2004.

Quote Originally Posted by snapdragen
    I'm holding out until Subaru comes out with a hybrid. Electric Forester....
    Yeah, that would be ideal!

Good choice! We watch that one, and are also hooked on House.

Quote Originally Posted by maillotpois
    Hey Salsa - that sounds great. I will PM you my address. Do I then get to choose who gets it next?
    Yeah, let's just keep it simple (for those of us---like me at the moment, if not even beyond the moment---who have reached their organizational quotas ALREADY for this month. The fact that it's only August 2...well, but I digress, don't I?). When you finish the book, you can either PM someone or post a message saying, I'm done--who's next? Etc. When we run out of interested TD parties, the holder gets to give it to a friend or relative. When we're all done, I'll post the email I got from the author too.

Quote Originally Posted by dachshund
    I've been obsessing about global warming. I mean, it's mid-week, I need an obsession. The entire U.S. is heat-baking. My govt. won't do anything about this for at least another 3 years, so I'm looking at getting a solar system for the house. They do free estimates, so I'm setting up appointments. I consider this therapy. I also looked into PHEV cars - plug-in hybrids, but they're still a very expensive concept. Solar power for my house will be cheaper than buying a Prius What a cool concept, though, it's fun to read about.
    Hey Dachshund - I had solar panels on my previous house - they were great - and the guy that put them in is out in your area - PM me if you'd like me to dig up his contact info - there's nothing like standing out there on a sunny day and watching your meter spin backwards!
    Keep calm and carry on...

davinci

Hey Snap-did you know that davinci's inquest is based on Vancouver's coroner? (something like that)

I've been out of the country for son long that i've never actually seen it...Would love to though...(perhaps this is another item my dad could bring down .....)

c