Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3

    Smile Hill Country Ride: Austin, Texas!

    To disable ads, please log-in.

    Serious fun for a serious cause.

    And what better excuse to visit Austin in the springtime? Come join hundreds of other Riders pedaling to make the world a better place.

    The Hill Country Ride for AIDS has raised more than $3 million to support thousands of Texans living with HIV and AIDS. Join our tenth-anniversary ride and get ready for a fun, challenging experience full of breathtaking scenery and unforgettable memories. This year's Ride takes place on April 25, 2009. Start putting your team together now.

    Participate in our free, fully supported Training Rides, running every weekend from January through April.

    Check it out at HillCountryRide.org !

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    1,039
    Best of luck to the Hill Country Riders. My brother is among you. He's a new rider so if you see a tall blonde guy named Matt riding an older Allez be especially nice to him. He's discovering the 'snob' factor a little bit with roadies.

    Be careful out there guys!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    somewhere between the Red & Rio Grande
    Posts
    5,310
    I sold my commuter to a woman who was targetting this ride, I hope she will have a great luck and become one of us she was a sweetheart!
    Amanda

    2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"


    You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Newport, OR
    Posts
    323
    I would like to do it but don't think I can get the needed required funds raised by then.

    tina

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Mrs. KnottedYet
    Posts
    8,983
    Quote Originally Posted by txred9876 View Post
    I would like to do it but don't think I can get the needed required funds raised by then.

    tina
    texred, You'd be surprised. The Hill Country Ride's pledge minimum is relatively low compared to several charity cycling events. Even in todays economy this can be done. Charity's and non profits have a hard time making ends meet so thank you all TE runners/cyclists/tri'ers for helping all good causes.

    Somewhere here on TE there are tons of tips for fundraising.

    Alternatively if you're making this a goal ride next year I bet you'd be welcome to join a training ride or two or three or crew this year (crew's harder than riding) and do the goal ride next year.
    Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on the road ~ Motobecane Mixte
    N+1 new bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Commuter ~ Soma Buena Vista Mixte

    http://madeinusareviews.blogspot.com/

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Newport, OR
    Posts
    323
    Quote Originally Posted by Trek420 View Post
    texred, You'd be surprised. The Hill Country Ride's pledge minimum is relatively low compared to several charity cycling events. Even in todays economy this can be done. Charity's and non profits have a hard time making ends meet so thank you all TE runners/cyclists/tri'ers for helping all good causes.

    Somewhere here on TE there are tons of tips for fundraising.

    Alternatively if you're making this a goal ride next year I bet you'd be welcome to join a training ride or two or three or crew this year (crew's harder than riding) and do the goal ride next year.

    I think I will have to wait until next year because 24 days is pretty short to make it happen. I really want to do some charity rides soon. I am thinking about tour de pink in october (since I am a breast cancer survivor).

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Mrs. KnottedYet
    Posts
    8,983
    With how you're riding now, progressing and such a late season ride is very do-able. Maybe even on a tandem with your friend

    Then do the hill ride next year. Crew or volunteer the hill ride would give you a preview what to expect and train for.

    Thanks for riding and surviving

    I've always wanted to visit Austin and ride the area, hmmmmmm.
    Last edited by Trek420; 04-02-2009 at 05:51 AM.
    Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on the road ~ Motobecane Mixte
    N+1 new bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Commuter ~ Soma Buena Vista Mixte

    http://madeinusareviews.blogspot.com/

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    somewhere between the Red & Rio Grande
    Posts
    5,310
    The Hill Country Ride is pretty rugged terrain but I heard excellent support and a blast, think of it for next year!
    Amanda

    2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"


    You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Newport, OR
    Posts
    323
    Quote Originally Posted by Trek420 View Post
    With how you're riding now, progressing and such a late season ride is very do-able. Maybe even on a tandem with your friend

    Then do the hill ride next year. Crew or volunteer the hill ride would give you a preview what to expect and train for.

    Thanks for riding and surviving

    I've always wanted to visit Austin and ride the area, hmmmmmm.
    come on down... I really like austin!

    Tina

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •