Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: Season Openers

Season Openers

To disable ads, please log-in.

For SE area racers- where are you starting out this year?

I know there's some pretty early stuff in Florida. I raced in Tennessee last March, but the weather was miserable, and it made for a very loooooong season.

I'll probably go for the Mid-April race in Chattanooga, TN. Anyone else?
    Because not every fast cyclist is a toothpick...

Brick House Blog

April? We start at the end of Feb (ok, its the last day of Feb) Yeah - the weather can be a bit miserable, but its the Pacific NW so you get used to it. I race pretty much March through the beginning of September and I won't disagree that its a long season, but I have teammates who do the same and then race cross....
    The Cali girls are probably ready to get started - but their season has little in the hottest part of the summer.
    "Sharing the road means getting along, not getting ahead" - 1994 Washington State Driver's Guide

visit my flickr stream http://flic.kr/ps/MMu5N

Our first race of the season(for the florida points series) is the first weekend in February, but I am missing it because I forgot to renew my passport. It is in the Bahamas!! But the BF is going and my wheels and aero helmet are going with him for the TT(so I will sort of be there in spirit).

I think I am starting my race season Feb 16-17th up in Dade City(west coast of Florida, north of Tampa).

Our season also goes from February through the end of September. It is long, but that is why you need to pick and choose your races ahead of time I feel, really plan out what you are going to do- it makes everything much easier!

Good luck to everyone out there this season!

Eden, I think she was referring to miserable in the other extreme.

Quote Originally Posted by ehirsch83 View Post
    But the BF is going and my wheels and aero helmet are going with him for the TT(so I will sort of be there in spirit).

Not sure if I am envious that your passport is in the Bahamas (I have never been to anywhere overseas like the Bahamas) or gutted for you that you aren't doing the TT!

Looking forward to hearing race reports from all of you

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying,
    "I will try again tomorrow".

Quote Originally Posted by RoadRaven View Post
    Not sure if I am envious that your passport is in the Bahamas (I have never been to anywhere overseas like the Bahamas) or gutted for you that you aren't doing the TT!

Looking forward to hearing race reports from all of you
    Raven,
    I have my passport, it is the race that is in the Bahamas :-) So without the passport, I can't get to the Bahamas.

Ah... that makes more sense.

I read your post several times and couldn't work out how you had left your passprt in the Bahamas and managed to get home... obviously my brain isn't always functioning this early in the morning!

But now I'm even more gutted for you - not only are you missing out on a TT, you are missing out on a trip TO the Bahamas!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBelle View Post
    Eden, I think she was referring to miserable in the other extreme.

I think our spring weather is probably pretty similar - cold, wet, chance of snow.....
    "Sharing the road means getting along, not getting ahead" - 1994 Washington State Driver's Guide

visit my flickr stream http://flic.kr/ps/MMu5N